14th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for railway ticket counter job on the basis of BSc maths?

Hi, I have completed my graduation in BSc Maths. Am I eligible for the railway ticket counter job? If yes, then how to apply for that? Please give me answer.

Related Questions:
14th April 2017, 10:37 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for railway ticket counter job on the basis of BSc maths?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Railway Ticket counter jobs after completion of B.Sc in Mathematics. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) issues official notification for filling up vacancies for several posts and they may include,

>> Railway Ticket Collector

>> Commercial Clerk

>> ASM

>> Loco Pilot

>> Technician

>> Reservation or Ticker counter Clerk

>> Junior Clerk cum Typist ...etc.,

The basic educational qualification required for Junior Clerk cum Typist is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you are from B.Sc Mathematics background, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this recruitment. You may apply for this recruitment whenever RRB issues its NTPC (Non Technical) posts recruitment notification.
14th April 2017, 12:47 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for railway ticket counter job on the basis of BSc maths?

In order to apply for railway ticket counter job, you should have completed 12th standard or equivalent with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years. For OBC candidates the age is relaxed by 3 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 5 years. With this eligibility you have to appear for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) examination. The selection will depend upon the marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview.

As you have completed your graduation in Mathematics, so you are eligible to apply for ticket counter job in railway's.
14th April 2017, 01:08 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my graduation in BSc Maths. Am I eligible for the railway ticket counter job? If yes, then how to apply for that? Please give me answer.

Yes, you can apply for Railway Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) post on the basis of B.Sc Mathematics qualifications. Candidates with degree from recognized university are eligible to apply for the Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk post in Indian Railways. The selection process consists of Written Examinations followed by Document Verification. The written examination has two stages preliminary examinations and final examinations. If you clear both the examinations then you have to appear for document verification. The ECRC job is to issue tickets for the Railway passengers and to respond to enquiries of the passengers. The railway job recruitment will be done by Railway Recruitment Board. The RRB website link is Click Here
14th April 2017, 01:09 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to become railway ticket counter job:

This exam is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board to fulfill the vacant seat available in the railway department.

Selection process:

Written exam

Interview

Eligibility Criteria:

Class 10th exam on equivalent from a recognised Board class with 50% marks.

Age should be in between 18 to 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable for candidates belonging to the reservation categories.

The written test consist of general automatic, quantitative skills, general awareness, language test.
14th April 2017, 10:01 PM
kalamrockz

Yes, the minimum qualification to apply for the above mentioned job is that the candidate should have completed their graduation degree from a recognized university.

You have completed your B.Sc(maths) and therefore, you are eligible to apply for railway job.
14th April 2017, 10:24 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

The candidates who want to join the railway should have completed his matriculation and 10+2 with not less than 50% and should have passed his 10+2 from a recognized board of education. The candidate have to write the exam which is conducted by the RRB and have to check regularly about the vacancy in the gazette newspaper or online in the official website of RRB (Railway Recruitment Board). If there is vacancy then apply online and start preparing for the exam. The successful candidates will be called for an interview and if the interview is passed then the candidate will get the job.
15th April 2017, 12:08 AM
khanexpert

Yes, you can apply for it and the procedure is quite simple, you should keep on checking for government employment in railway, either online or you might also get various newspaper ads regarding the vacancies.
21st April 2017, 01:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized university are eligible for railway ticket counter jobs in Railway.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.

Selection process:-

1.Written test

2.Medical test

3.Interview
13th July 2017, 10:44 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
After B.sc, you are eligible for ticket counter job.
You have to read Employment news or check Railway Recruitment Board website.
You can also become Ticket collector,Station Master,Goods guard in Railway.
You are also eligible to apply for Navy,Air force,Army, Paramilitary forces,etc.
6th March 2022, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed B.Sc Biotechnology. Am I eligible for the railway ticket counter job or other related jobs in railway?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?