28th September 2014, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

MBA in Finance can apply for Indian Economic Services exam?

Im complited my graduation in b.com and mba in finance so can i apply for the indian economic survey(IES) exam. My name is ASHOK And my email id [email protected]

28th September 2014, 04:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MBA in Finance can apply for Indian Economic Services exam?

The Indian Economics Services exam is conducted by the UPSC every year and to apply for the Indian Economics Service exam, you need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below :-

1.Educational Qualification :-
You must have obtained the Post Graduate Degree from a recognised university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics to be eligible to appear for the exam. The candidates who are appearing in the final year of these degree can also appear for the exam by producing a proof of the letter from the college principal.

2.Age Limit :-
Your age limit must be in between 21-30 years on 1st January of the year of Examination. Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

3.Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

-->Examination Pattern :-
(a)General English :- 100 Marks
(b)General Studies :- 100 Marks
(c)General Economics-I :- 200 Marks
(d)General Economics-II :- 200 Marks
(e)General Economics-III :- 200 Marks
(f)General Economics :- 200 Marks

From, the above mentioned eligibility criteria, we can clearly notice that the candidates who have done MBA in Economics are eligible to appear for the examination. Since, you have done MBA in Finance, you are not eligible to appear for the examination.
28th September 2014, 07:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must have a Post Graduate Degree from a recognized university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics, then only you will become eligible for Indian Economics Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC.

The age limit for this examination is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation available for those candidates who belong to SC/ST, OBC, Physically handicapped and Ex-servicemen category.

The selection is on merit and you have to clear stages of preliminary exam, mains exam and Interview with top marks.

You have MBA in Finance qualification and this is not a pure economics post graduation. you might have studied economics as a subjects but this exam requires pure economics post graduates.

For more information visit Indian Economic Services Exam
28th September 2014, 11:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im complited my graduation in b.com and mba in finance so can i apply for the indian economic survey(IES) exam. My name is ASHOK And my email id [email protected]

It is good to see your interest in applying for the Indian Economic Service exam and there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam.This exam is being conducted by UPSC.

As you have mentioned that you have completed MBA in Finance you are eligible as per the education qualification which is needed as for applying for the exam you need to have completed a Post Graduate degree from a recognized university with Economics as subject.The candidate should have a Citizenship in India.The age limit which is needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 21-30 years of age and there are certain relaxation which are allowed for other category candidates.

The Scheme for the exam is:
  • General English 100 Marks
  • General Studies 100 Marks
  • General Economics-I 200 Marks
  • General Economics-II 200 Marks
  • General Economics-III 200 Marks
  • General Economics 200 Marks

Regards
~Jxsab~
8th September 2019, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing m.com. is i am eligible for Indian Economic services?
6th January 2021, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

If I do MBA IN Economics i.e MBE ,can I apply for Indian Economics services
18th July 2021, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bba and mba in finance am i eligible for indian economic service exam
7th March 2022, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

If I have completed my MBA degree in finance can apply for IRS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?