30th March 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I get job in PSU through GATE after completing B.Tech(ECE)?

Sir
I am studying B.Tech in ECE in my final semester.
I am also preparing for GATE. Kindly tell me
if I score good marks in GATE then I get job in
PSU? Please tell me about this asap.

7th April 2015, 11:30 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in PSU through GATE after completing B.Tech(ECE)?

Q : Can I get job in PSU through GATE after completing B.Tech(ECE)?

Yes, you can get job in PSUs after completing B.Tech ( ECE ) through Gate Score.

You have to score good and have to clear cutoff marks.
Cutoff marks varies PSUs to PSUs.

Last year Cuttoff Marks for ECE Candidate in different PSUs :

HPCL : 71.67
BHEL : 74.67
NTPC : 78

You should secure rank below 500 to secure interview call in PSUs.
8th April 2015, 10:19 AM
Ashwakh

Yes , you will a Public sector job if you get Good GATE rank . Generally , there are many Government companies which will recruit the candidates who got Good Gate rank .

Some of those companies are ,

~ Iocl
~ Drdo
~ Isro
~ Bhel
~ Bsnl
~ Ntpc
~ Hpcl , etc..

Actually , for the Non-gate rankers to apply for a post in these companies , they shouldhave secured minimum of 65% in B.tech and they need to attend for the Entrance exam to get qualify for the Interview.
8th April 2015, 10:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear if you get a good score in GATE then definitely there will be chance to shortlisted for Interview in various PSU's. As you said you have pursuing the B.tech in ECE final semester. So more concentrate on preparation.

For this you can take coaching for GATE from your final year of B.Tech otherwise it will be difficult to get a good score in GATE. In addition to this you must practice the previous year question papers for model or type of questions.

If you get below or less than 620 rank there will be a chance for Interview. Otherwise you need to wait for one more year. For General categorized students the cut off will be about 67.13% for ECE graduates.

Hope you will get the required information for GATE .
9th April 2015, 08:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

In recent years, this entrance exam has not only important because it gives you chance to pursue master's degree in technology from top reputed institutes but it also serves as the basis for getting short listed in top Public Sector Undertakings like DRDO, IOCL, NTPC, ISRO etc.

But you need to secure rank with top 500 in your stream to get jobs in PSUs. After that they conduct Group Discussion and Interview for selection.

It is a conceptual exam, work on your core subjects basics and practice problems as much as possible.
9th April 2015, 11:27 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I am studying B.Tech in ECE in my final semester.
I am also preparing for GATE. Kindly tell me
if I score good marks in GATE then I get job in
PSU? Please tell me about this asap.

Details About PSU:

PSU - Public Sector Undertakings

For writing this exam the criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply and they are:

# The candidate need to have a age limit of 21-30 years of age and there are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidate and for OBC it is 3 years extra and for SC/ST there is a relaxation of 5 years

# For HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) candidate need to have a minimum 65% marks for General/ OBC and minimum of 55% Marks for SC/ST

# For HPCL(Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) the candidate needs to have a minimum of 60% marks for General and OBC and minimum of 50% Marks for SC/ST.

# For NTPC(National Thermal Power Corporation ) candidate needs to have a minimum 60% marks for General/ OBC and minimum of 50% Marks for SC/ST

# For BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) the candidate needs to have a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

If you satisfy all these above criteria for the exam then you can apply for the respected exam
11th April 2015, 05:12 PM
poojasingh151

Yes, of course, you can get job in Public Sector Undertakings if you secure good ranks in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Candidates who are in top 500 are called from different PSUs for further recruitment purposes.

In first stage PSUs short list candidates depending upon number of vacancies and in later stage they conduct group discussion and personal interview for final selection.

Airport Authority of India conducts its own entrance for recruitment of candidates.

So, try to score better marks in GATE exam that will enhance the chances of getting selected in Public Sector undertakings. For most of the PSUs, the general age limit is 21-30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?