10th February 2015, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 12th Science being 21 years old candidate?

Hello
I am 21 years old and completed 12th in science.
Sir, can I join to INDIAN AIR FORCE?
I have immense interest to join Air Force
Please help me..........

Related Questions:
10th February 2015, 09:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 12th Science being 21 years old candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am 21 years old and completed 12th in science.
Sir, can I join to INDIAN AIR FORCE?
I have immense interest to join Air Force
Please help me..........
You have completed 12th standard and your age is 21 years old so you are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam which is conducted by UPSC through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
10th February 2015, 09:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 12th Science being 21 years old candidate?

No, you cannot join in Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard being 21 years old. To join in Indian Air Force, you need to appear in NDA or CDS examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year. Eligibility Criteria required to appear in NDA and CDS examination is mentioned below :-

NDA Examination Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

CDS Examination Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering course from a recognised universitiy.

3. You must be in between 19 to 23 years old.

4. You must be a Male candidate.

Since, you have crossed the age limit of 21 years, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination and you have not completed your Bachelor's degree course to be eligible to appear in CDS examination. So, you are not eligible to join in Indian Air Force.
15th May 2015, 11:19 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

First thing if we go with educational qualification,you had done in sceince field. In air force ,candidate must be 12th passed in maths and physics as main subjects.
Secondly,the age limit to join in indian airforce for 12th candidate is 16.5 to 19 years.as per what you mentioned is 21 years. So in both the ways i.e education level and age limit,you are not eligible for air force at this level.
Education and age limit are the two main utmost requirements not only in defence field but also in other area like private company or govt.
15th June 2017, 02:13 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 12th Science being 21 years old candidate?

Hai friend,
You can join Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard.Have to apply the NDA examination conducted twice in a year by the union public service commission after clearing this exam you have to attend the SSB Interview done in 7 days after completion you will be get degree from army college after that you can start your career in Indian Air Force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?