22nd January 2016, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

Can i join Indian Army on the basis of PhD degree through correspondence mode?

Respected sir,

My name is Ashish kumar from Kanpur ,UP. I AM PURSUING MA(EDUCATION) THROUGH IGNOU. AFTER COMPLETION OF POST GRADUATE I WANT TO DO P.HD. IN EDUCATION. SIR I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN JOIN INDIAN ARMY ON THE BASIS OF PHD DEGREE?

THANKS

22nd January 2016, 07:47 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Can i join Indian Army on the basis of PhD degree through correspondence mode?

NO you can not join Army on the basis of ph.d degree as there is no entry in Army for ph.d candidate because ph.d degree is necessary for Lecturership in college,institution and university ,but in Army the Army schools are upto +2 level so graduation and postgraduation in any subject with B.Ed is compulsory.
22nd January 2016, 08:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i join Indian Army on the basis of PhD degree through correspondence mode?

Yes, you can join in Indian Army on the basis of Ph.D degree. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to join in Indian Army. To join in Indian Army, you must have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the required eligibility criteria is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :- Indian

2. Age Limit :- 19-24 years

3. Educational Qualification :- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. Gender & Martial Status :- Male & Unmarried

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
22nd January 2016, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army doesn't have any post specially for PH.D scholars and you can join on the basis of Graduation degree itself. There is no need to complete PH.D to join Indian Army as an officer.
There is CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year for Graduates. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and SSB interview. Therefore, just be prepared for these stages.
14th May 2020, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I wish to serve in indian army a lot. At present Iam pursuing PhD in biotechnology. Can I have any opportunity to join in indian army after completing my PhD? In education core or any core. Is there any opportunity for that? What should I do for that? Please do answer me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?