8th October 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can LLB students write Civil Services examination?

I am an LLB student. I want to give Civil Services examination. Can i do that?

8th October 2015, 10:30 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can LLB students write Civil Services examination?

Yes, LLB Candidates appear in Civil Services Examination. The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. Since LLB graduates might have completed "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree. I am sure you are certainly eligible to give Civil Services Examination being an LLB student. "Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification is required". The minimum age required to appear in Civil Services Examination is "21 years" and the maximum age must not exceed "30 years" and there will be an age relaxation for reserved category (OBC/ ST/ SC) candidates.
8th October 2015, 10:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am an LLB student. I want to give Civil Services examination. Can i do that?
Yes, LLB students are eligible for Civil Services examination.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Services examination.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Selection process for Civil Services examination:-

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
8th October 2015, 11:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for the Bachelor of Law. Any graduate can apply for the Civil Services examination if he/she satisfies the age limit criteria which is 21-32 years for general category candidates, 21-35 years for OBC candidates and 21-37 years for the SC/ST candidates.

You just need to have passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree to apply for the exam. So, LLB candidates can apply for the Civil Services exam. The notification for the 2016 CSE will be released on 23/04/2016 and after that you can apply at the official website www.upsconline.nic.in.

From the 2015, CSAT is made qualifying, only 33% marks in it is required to qualify this paper, the selection for mains exam is done on the basis of General studies paper.
9th October 2015, 12:20 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the civil services examination being the LLB candidate. Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates as an IAS,IPS,etc...The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in the for the reserved category.

There is no limitations on the discipline and the aggregate of the graduation so you are eligible to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in each of them for the final selection for the services.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?