22nd May 2015, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and qualification required to apply in IAS exam for 2nd PUC candidate?

Hello everyone,
Now I have completed 2nd PUC &
I am thinking of doing preparation for IAS exam.
So please inform me about IAS exam?
What qualifications are required?
Please help me to know.

24th May 2015, 11:10 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and qualification required to apply in IAS exam for 2nd PUC candidate?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
--> Preliminary Examination
--> Mains Examination
--> Personal Interview
24th May 2015, 01:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and qualification required to apply in IAS exam for 2nd PUC candidate?

I am really sorry to say this dear since you are not eligible to apply for " IAS Examination " with PUC as your qualification. PUC means " Pre University Course " and it is a 10+2 equivalent.

In fact for IAS you need to complete graduation at least otherwise you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination. If you want to become a IAS officer then you should have " Graduation " from the recognized University.

For more details regarding the IAS examination you must have a below requirements.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS examination :

1.You should complete at least graduation or any equivalent examination from the recognized University.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years .

And recently the Notification for Civil's has been released so you can have a look on the UPSC official website.
24th May 2015, 04:31 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Indian Administrative Service Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year. This year notification has been already started. Last date for receipt of application is 19th June 2015.

Eligibility:

-An applicant must be Citizen of India.
-An applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-An applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
-Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

Online Application: Click Here !!!

Selection Process:

-Preliminary Examination
-Main Examination
-Personal Interview
24th May 2015, 06:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
Now I have completed 2nd PUC &
I am thinking of doing preparation for IAS exam.
So please inform me about IAS exam?
What qualifications are required?
Please help me to know.
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam but after completion of your graduation degree.

So you can prepared for IAS exam after 12th standard.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
25th May 2015, 08:29 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts examination of Indian Administratitive Service(IAS).
Eligibility criteria for applying to IAS examination are
-Candidate must be a resident of India.
-Candidate must hold Bachelors degree from any recognized university in any disciple
-Candidate must be of age 21-30 years of age.

Candidate need to go through three test processes to clear IAS examination which includes two written test and a personal interview.
Written examination incldes
-Preliminary
-Mains
Candidates who have qualified in both the stages are called for interview and then final merit list is published.

PUC stands for Pre University Course which is equivalent to Higher Secondary Certificate(HSC).

So, you need to complete HSC and Bachelors degree with minimum 55% in any disciple to fulfill the required educational eligibility criteria .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?