6th March 2018, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

Does Staff Selection Commission offers recruitment for the post of Income Tax Officer?

Hello friends, I am studying in Goenka College. I got 94% in 12th Commerce and got admission in B.Com. My first year is completed. I want to become an Income Tax Officer. So, I would like to know that Staff Selection Commission recruits for this post or not?

28th March 2018, 04:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Staff Selection Commission offers recruitment for the post of Income Tax Officer?

Yes, Inspectors in Income Tax department are selected through Combined Graduate Level Examination that is conducted by SSC. There are several posts like Assistant, Inspector, Auditor, Assistant Section Officer..etc., are recruited through this SSC CGL Recruitment.

Here are the more details for your query,
* Name of the Post - Inspector of Income Tax
* Ministry/ Department/ Cadre - CBDT
* Post Classification - Group C
* Grade Pay - 4600
* Age Limit - Upper age limit 30 years
* Qualification Required - Graduation in any discipline

As you are presently pursuing B.Com, I suggest you to first complete Graduation successfully. And you may even start your strong preparation for CGL while pursuing B.Com. But remember, Graduation studies is the most important than CGL for now. Hence, concentrate well on Graduation and if you can then even on CGL too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?