10th June 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Income Tax Officer after 12th?

I am a student of commerce. I want to become an income tax officer so what i should do after completing 12th?

10th June 2015, 11:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of commerce. I want to become an income tax officer so what i should do after completing 12th?

It's good see that you are interested to become an Income Tax Officer.

The Staff Service Commission (SSC) conducts an entrance exam for Income Tax Department. The basic qualification required to apply for the SSC exam is a Bachelor degree from a recognized University. I suggest you to apply for Bachelor degree after 12th in order to become an Income Tax Officer.

Being a Commerce stream student, you can apply any one of the below Graduation course,

- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics) etc.

Eligibility Criteria:

- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree from any recognized University. Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply.

- Candidates age limit should be in between 18 years to 27 years and upper age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students.

- Candidates should be physically and Medical fit.

Official Website - ssc.nic.in

10th June 2015, 11:47 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

To Became an Income Tax officer the aspirants have to appear Income tax department as a Income tax assistant or Income Tax Inspector after getting the jobs in income tax department He / she can get promoted to Income Tax officer as appearing departmental examination .

There are eligibility criteria to became Income Tax Officer.

**The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University.
The final year students can also appear this exams.
**The age limit is 21 - 30 years.

for more details visit website of UPSC
http://www.upsc.gov.in

10th June 2015, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standrad in commerce, you just do graduation degree to become a Income Tax Officer exam.

To become a income tax officer exam, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once completed SSC CGL Tier I and II and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.

11th June 2015, 11:19 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Well dear it is not possible to become a Income Tax Officer right after completion of 12th. Since it is not possible with 12th . Actually you need to have at least graduation to become a Income Officer.

To become Income Tax officer, Graduation is must so my best suggestion is you need to complete Minimum graduation with minimum percentage of marks.

Two options available to become Income Tax Officer :

>> Staff Selection Commission

>> UPSC Civil's

There is a Exam called " SSC CGL ( Combined Graduate Level) . And with this Exam you can become a Income Tax Officer/Inspector.

Selection process will be based on Tier I, Tier II and Tier III. And with Civils you can chose what do you want (In means of Job position) to become a Income Tax Officer.

But these are possible when only you have completed graduation from the Recognized board. And also you need to satisfy " Age criteria " for it .

11th June 2015, 01:18 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To become Income Tax officer, you are required to write Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level Examination. In the name of the examination it is there that "Graduate Level", so the minimum basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized University. So you are required to pursue Graduation (B.Com or any other bachelor Degree) in order to be eligible for applying for SSC CGL Recruitment Examination. And the other important thing is that, you are required to give preferences while applying for SSC CGL Recruitment. As you are willing to become an Income Tax Officer, you are required to give "Code J" as your first preference in which the allocated post for Code J is "Inspector of Income Tax" in CBDT (Central Board of Direct Tax) department. The minimum age required for this Inspector of Income Tax post is 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed 27 years. If you can prepare very well and follow the above instruction, then I am sure you can become Income Tax Officer in CBDT Department.

11th June 2015, 01:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you cannot apply for Income Tax officer post. However, in order to become an Income Tax Officer you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a reputed University.

After having completed your graduation, you can thereafter opt for SSC Combined Graduate Level examination and can avail the job after that.

SSC conducts this exam twice a year.

29th April 2016, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

What to do after 12th science to become an income tax officer?

15th June 2016, 07:40 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

To become a income tax officer first you need to complete your graduation from recognized university.
After the completion degree you need to appear the SSC exam, if you crack the SSC exam then you have chance to become a income tax officer.
Eligibility criteria for SSC Exam :-
You must have completed the graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
You must be at least 18 years old and must not exceed more than 27 years at the time of applying for the SSC exam. However, age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the government rules.
Since you are in the 12th standard, you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the SSC exam.

Selection Procedure :-
Written Test
Personal Interview

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?