21st August 2016, 10:22 AM
Ashyam Jokhiya

Eligibility of joining Indian Air Force after having diploma in Electrical with 83% marks and B.E. in Electrical?

Hello sir, I am a student of B.E. Electrical 2nd year, I want to know that can i join IAF flying branch after completion of my degree. I already completed my diploma electrical with 83%, and now Iam in B.E Electrical 2nd year.

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma in Electrical obtained from Indian Air Force is equivalent to 3 years diploma or not?
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Air force after diploma in IT? -- [New]
  3. How to join Indian Air Force after pursuing B.E Electrical? Procedure for the same? When is the exam?
  4. Is there vacancy in Indian Air Force after diploma?
  5. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. List of government jobs in Andhra Pradesh after completing B.Tech 3rd year CSE?
  7. How could I join Air Force being a candidate from Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  8. Can I get Job in Air Force after completion of Diploma with Electrical Engineering?
  9. Can I apply for Indian Air Force after completing diploma in electrical and electronics in recognized university at government CPC polytechnic Mysore?
  10. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  11. Air force after completing diploma in Electrical and electronics engineering?
  12. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  13. Can I join B.E in electrical engineering for Indian Air Force or merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering
  14. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing diploma in computer engineering
  15. How can I join Indian Air Force after studying in 5th semester electrical engineering
  16. What are the possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after Diploma in Mechanical stream?
  17. How can I do Diploma in Electrical having 4 years experience as Electrical Foreman?
  18. How to join Air force after passing electrical engineering?
21st August 2016, 09:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility of joining Indian Air Force after having diploma in Electrical with 83% marks and B.E. in Electrical?

Having completed your Bachelor of Engineering degree with Electrical stream to join flying branch of Indian Air force you need to qualify either CDS examination or AFCAT.

--> CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and for entry through CDS you are required to qualify CDS examination for which you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 19 years to 23 years.

--> AFCAT refers to Air Force Common Admission Test and for joining flying branch through AFCAT you are required to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years. Further if you hold the Commercial Pilot license provided by DGCA then your upper age is relaxable upto 26 years.

* Also, for joining through any entry the physical requirement is strictly required as specifies in the notification released for the same examination. Also your aggregate in your bachelor degree must be at least 60%.

For more details and updates about these examinations you can refer to the links www.upsc.gov.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in.
21st August 2016, 10:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility of joining Indian Air Force after having diploma in Electrical with 83% marks and B.E. in Electrical?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of your B.E degree course from a recognised university. No minimum specific percentage is required to join Indian Air Force. You have to appear in CDS examination conducted by UPSC to join Indian Air Force. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination to join Indian Air Force is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
21st August 2016, 10:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required for Indian Air Force for Diploma Candidates:

You will be eligible to appear in Indian Air Force (Flying Branch) after successful completion of B.E/ B.Tech. Here is the basic educational qualification that is required.

For Flying Branch:

>> Candidates must have completed Graduate Degree (in 3 year degree) course from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who have completed their 4 year B.E/ B.Tech are also eligible to apply for Flying Branch.

>> I suggest you to apply for Indian Air Force Flying branch after completion of B.Tech.
21st August 2016, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashyam Jokhiya View Post
Hello sir, I am a student of B.E. Electrical 2nd year, I want to know that can i join IAF flying branch after completion of my degree. I already completed my diploma electrical with 83%, and now Iam in B.E Electrical 2nd year.
After completion of diploma course in Electrical Engineering, you can join Indian Air Force through Airman in Group X Technical.

Applicant should have completed diploma course from a recognized institution or equivalent qualification with 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for Airman in Group X Technical exam.

Applicant age should be between 17 years to 20 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?