21st August 2016, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become IPS after B.Com? Required age, course percentage, entrance exam details for the same?

Hi, I want to know can I apply for IPS after B.Com. Also tell me then what is the age required and course percentage needed. If there is any entrance exam please share the details.

21st August 2016, 08:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become IPS after B.Com? Required age, course percentage, entrance exam details for the same?

For becoming an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you are a general category candidate. In case you belong to reserved category you will be facilitated with age relaxation as per the government norms.

* You must have completed or pursuing the final year of your bachelor degree course in any discipline of your choice from a recognized regular or open university. Percentage in the same does not matters.

** Note :- As you are interested in joining IPS wing of Civil Services, then you must have physical fitness as per the service requirement too.

--> The examination involves three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> Also the maximum number of attempts allowed for general category candidates is 6 and for OBC category candidates is 9 where as there is no limit for SC/ST category candidates.

So you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination after completing your B.Com degree on the basis of your educational qualification. But you must satisfy the other criteria too.

For more details about the pattern of examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st August 2016, 10:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become IPS after B.Com? Required age, course percentage, entrance exam details for the same?

You can definitely appear for IPS exam if you have B.Com qualification already from a recognized university. There is no percentage issues and you just need a degree with pass marks.

Age should be between 21 to 32 years. There us relaxation for reserved category candidates. Selection will be on merit based on the performance in written exam and interview conducted by UPSC.
21st August 2016, 11:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I want to know can I apply for IPS after B.Com. Also tell me then what is the age required and course percentage needed. If there is any entrance exam please share the details.
B.Com candidates are not eligible for IPS entrance exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University, then you are eligible for IPS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?