12th March 2016, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

How can i directly become a Commando after passing 10th standard examination?

My name is shaik faheem. My aim is to become a Commando in Indian Army. I have just passed my 10th standard examination. So kindly tell me how can i directly become a Commando after 10th?

12th March 2016, 09:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i directly become a Commando after passing 10th standard examination?

The best way to join commando force is after 12th NDA( National Defence Academy) exam:

Eligibility criteria to appear in NDA exam:

The candidate must have done 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects.
Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years and age relaxation is not given to reserved categories in upper age limit.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to join National Defence Academy.

Candidate must have citizenship of India.
12th March 2016, 09:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i directly become a Commando after passing 10th standard examination?

No, you are not eligible to join commando force after completion of class 10th because minimum qualification required to join commando force is 12th with physics, chemistry, mathematics from a recognised board. You can join commando force after class 12th through NDA exam. Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years. No relaxation is given to reserve categories in upper age limit.
12th March 2016, 11:30 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is shaik faheem. My aim is to become a Commando in Indian Army. I have just passed my 10th standard examination. So kindly tell me how can i directly become a Commando after 10th?
It is not possible to become a Commando straight away after passing 10th standard. You have to serve in Indian Army for some time and when the notification comes for the commando you can apply and appear for the examinations and training. You have only 10th standard then you are not eligible for NDA examination. With 10th qualification you can join as Jawan or Soldier. The age limit is 17.5 to 21 years. The aspirant has to clear the physical fitness and medical examination to be selected.
13th March 2016, 07:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join directly as Commando after completing Class 10th. The candidate who wish to become Commando should work either in CRPF, ITBP, BSF, SSB, CISF etc. The officers in these departments are selected as commandos through Physical standard tests.

The candidate should first apply for either of the departments given below.

The eligibility for them is that the candidate should have completed his/ her degree from any recognized university or institution.

The candidate's age should be below 30 years.

The candidate should be physically fit without any deformities.
6th December 2016, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage should I get in 12th standard to become a commando or para commando ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?