17th December 2015, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

How to crack UPSC exam being in first year of Civil engineering? Is it better to join IAS academy?

Sir I am first year civil engineering student. I want to crack UPSC earlier. So how can I start my studies of UPSC from now? Can I join any IAS academy? Is it a better option to me?

18th December 2015, 01:06 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to crack UPSC exam being in first year of Civil engineering? Is it better to join IAS academy?

No, you are not eligible to appear for Civil Services examination being first year student.

But, as you are determined to qualify in examination so, you can start preparation for examination now from first year.

It is not necessary to join coaching institute now. You first go through self study for 2 years and in last year you can join coaching this will benefit you more.

To appear for Civil Services examination to become an I.A.S minimum required qualification is graduation degree from a recognised university.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
18th December 2015, 10:59 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack UPSC exam being in first year of Civil engineering? Is it better to join IAS academy?

The eligibility requirements for the civil services exams are given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be in the range of 21-30 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should complete bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Written exam.

* Personal Interview.

As the competition for these exams are very high, a candidate can go for coaching in advance.

But as you are in the first year of the bachelor's degree, you have to wait till you reach the final year as the final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

IAS Academy is an reputed institution where you can go for coaching of civil service exams.

It's is advisable to go for coaching in second or third year.Til then, you can keep yourself update with the General knowledge, Current affairs, English etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?