8th September 2011, 09:51 PM
shanumittal

Can I join military academy if my height is 157 CM? Last 10 years question papers of UPSC CDS exam?

hello sir, i am a student of b.sc 1 year and i want to join indian military academy. my height is 157 c.m. . Can i join this academy. please give me complete knowledge of physical test. i want to download last ten year papers of upsc cds exam.

12th September 2011, 05:53 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I join military academy if my height is 157 CM? Last 10 years question papers of UPSC CDS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanumittal View Post
hello sir, i am a student of b.sc 1 year and i want to join indian military academy. my height is 157 c.m. . Can i join this academy. please give me complete knowledge of physical test. i want to download last ten year papers of upsc cds exam.
As per the eligibility criteria of combined defence service examination you are not eligible to apply for the Combined defence service examination because for CDS examination candidate height should be not less then 157.6 cm.

The combined defence service examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

But your height is less then 157.6 cm that's why you are not eligible to apply for the Combined Defence service examination.

For more information on Combined Defence Service examination visit at the below web site of UPSC

www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2011, 06:56 PM
vijendradutt

Default Re: Can I join military academy if my height is 157 CM? Last 10 years question papers of UPSC CDS exam?

ENTRY TO IMA

Type of Entry:Ex NDA and Ex ACC - - -

Engineering Graduates age must be 20-27 yrs.

18-24yrs for Final and Pre Final year BE/B Tech students.

The Indian Military Academy presently has the following entries:-

Cadets Ex National Defence Academy and Ex Army Cadet College.
Graduate Direct Entry Scheme.
Technical Graduate Entry Scheme for Engineering graduates.
UES Entry for Final and Pre final Engineering graduates.
10+2 PCM (Tech) Entry.

The duration of training is one year except for the Direct Entry Scheme, for which it is one and a half years. Direct Entry is to be made through a written examination conducted by the UPSC and the final selection is by the Services Selection Board. The age limits for them is from 19 to 24 yrs at the time of entry. Ex-NDA and ex-ACC cadets join after completing a three year degree course. The former enter NDA through UPSC examination and SSB whereas the ACC cadets join through the ranks after qualifying an examination conducted by Army Headquarters and facing the SSB. The technical graduates, who are engineering graduates, do not have to take a written examination but pass through SSB.

Candidates selected for 10+2 Technical entry scheme are inducted for one years' Basic Military Training at IMA. This is followed by a four years' degree course in Engineering from College of Military Engineering, Pune / Military College of Telecommunication Engineering, Mhow / Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Secunderabad. The total duration of training is five years. On completion of four years of training, commission in the rank of a Lieutenant is granted. For a degree in Engineering, there is a need to complete the stipulated five years of training.

At IMA GCs are trained in all aspects of combat and tactics using computers and other modern training tools. This coupled with exciting adventure sports like River rafting, Para jumping, Rock climbing, trekking and mountaineering ensures all round development. A GC is commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Indian Army.

Antedate seniority of two years is given to Engineering / Technical Graduates inducted through technical entries. This is to compensate for the extra time and energy spent to earn the Engineering Degree before training. With the antedate seniority, there are opportunities for faster promotions, in addition to pay benefits.

Contact Info
Indian Military Academy (IMA)

Dehradun
Uttaranchal
India
Phone:
Fax:
21st September 2011, 11:59 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join military academy if my height is 157 CM? Last 10 years question papers of UPSC CDS exam?

As per the eligibility criteria of combined defence service examination you are not eligible to apply for the Combined defence service examination because for CDS examination candidate height should be not less then 157.6 cm.

The combined defence service examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

But your height is less then 157.6 cm that's why you are not eligible to apply for the Combined Defence service examination.

For more information on Combined Defence Service examination visit at the below web site of UPSC

www.upsc.gov.in
12th November 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join indian army after completing graduation in physiotherapy(BPT) ?
28th November 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i am from maharastra(central region),my height is 163 cm and i am in 2 year of computer engg.and ward of ex-serviceman. i want to join indian army ?please help me

my email address:[email protected]
28th January 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS SANKAR DAS,MY HIGHT IS 168 C.M. AND I HAVE COMPLETE 1YEARS I.T. FROM JAWHARLAL NEHERU IT. RECOGNISED BY GOVT.OF INDIA, CAN I APPLY IMA DIRECTLY.

KINDLY SEND THIS REPLY MY MAIL ADDRESS:[email protected],I ALSO GLAD TO YOU FOR REPLYES.
2nd March 2012, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

sir my name is jaikumar singh my engg.is complite but my back paper is due in 6 sem sir can i join i.m.a.
5th April 2012, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is nagesh i am doing 1st year chemical engg. i would like to join in defence force what are the basic requirements for to join defence please send me a mail regarding to these ...... thank you my mail id:- [email protected]
25th June 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i'm from rural area. I got 54 percent in puc science and doing final bsc now. Last 4 sem aggregate 68%. And my dad is ex army. I'm not good in maths and i love to join army so can i join IMA?
26th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir My name is Puneet And I am from punjab and I want to join the indian military academy my height is 163 cms will this height work or is there any other criteria for the heights state wise for eg I am from Punjab or this height will work
5th July 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is siva i am studing BE final year.how to join millitary
3rd October 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am chandan kumar pandey,my date of birth is 29-05-1991 and my hieght is 161 c.m. i am final years student of graduation i want to apply for cds exam-1(2013). can i eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?