14th September 2015, 05:02 PM
holiday india

How can I become an IAS officer after graduation

Dear sir /madam

please Advise me how can i become how can i become an ias officer after graduation.. plz tell mee all procezer

email :- [email protected]

24th September 2015, 01:02 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer after graduation

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India.

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct civil services exam every year in order to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
Indian Administration Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service etc.

In order to be placed in IAS or any other civil service, you need to crack the following rounds of selection procedure
-Preliminary Exam (which consists of 2 papers - General Studies and CSAT Exam)
-Main Exam
-Interview

The required qualification for the candidates in order to apply for civil services is as follows :

Academic criteria :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized college/university.
-There is no percentage of marks criteria at all in the Graduation in the sense all the candidates who have completed Graduation with any of percentage of marks are eligible to apply for civil services.

Age criteria :
-Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years to be eligible to apply for this Exam.
-However, there is a relaxation in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC category upto 3 years and 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

You didn't clearly mention whether you have completed your Graduation or you are pursuing your Graduation.

If you fulfil the above mentioned criteria, you can apply for IAS preliminary exam of upcoming year.

It is not so easy to be placed in IAS as the competition is very high and the positions would be less.

You need to have strong subject knowledge to crack Civil Services. Try to be good enough in that.

For any other additional information, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?