6th January 2017, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

How to get job at a nuclear power station?

I am studying in B.Sc physics. I am interested in nuclear physics and interested in working at nuclear power station. So, which course I taken? Please clear my doubt. Please.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibilities to do training at Sabarmati Thermal Power Station, Gujarat for Ph.D in Nuclear Science student?
  2. How to get a job in Reliance Power Plant? Which type of post an M.Sc Nuclear Physics holder can get?
  3. Does NITs offer M.Sc nuclear physics course or not?
  4. How can I get job in Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited after completing B.Tech(Chemical Engineering)?
  5. Should I join Jadavpur and NPTI for Power Engineering course? Do Power Engineers work in Thermal Power Station or can they work anywhere?
  6. How to join Nuclear Power Plant like BARC? How much is the salary?
  7. Which branch to choose between electrical and electronics and telecommunication to get a government job in thermal power station?
  8. How to get a job in power plant after completing B.Tech in Civil?
  9. Career or course in Energy or Petroleum and Gas after M.Sc (Physics)?
  10. Should I join NPTI or Jadavpur? Does power engineering graduate work in thermal power station or can he work anywhere?
  11. Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Career options for diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. List of companies to apply for internship while doing 3rd year B.Tech?
  14. How to apply for training at Patratu Thermal Power Station
  15. Does Ramagundam Super Thermal Power Plant Station, Telangana offers internship to M.Tech in Thermal Power Plant Engineering student?
  16. Pattern and syllabus of Nuclear Power Corporation Of India Limited for Diploma in Mechanical holder? Previous year question papers for it? -- [New]
  17. How to do engineering course in Nuclear Power? I have passed 12th with PCM(62%)
  18. What are the job opportunities available for nuclear engineers?
1st August 2023, 12:31 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: How to get job at a nuclear power station?

That's great that you are interested in nuclear physics and working at a nuclear power station. There are a few courses that you can take after completing your B.Sc in Physics to pursue a career in nuclear physics.
  • M.Sc in Nuclear Physics: This is a postgraduate degree that will give you a deeper understanding of nuclear physics. It will cover topics such as nuclear structure, nuclear reactions, and nuclear radiation.

• M.S. in Nuclear Engineering: This is a postgraduate degree that will teach you about the design, construction, and operation of nuclear power plants. It will cover topics such as reactor physics, thermal hydraulics, and reactor safety.

• Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics: This is a doctoral degree that will allow you to conduct original research in nuclear physics. It will cover topics such as nuclear astrophysics, nuclear medicine, and nuclear waste disposal.[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

In addition to these courses, you may also want to consider taking some specialized training courses in nuclear safety and reactor operations. These courses will give you the skills you need to work in a nuclear power plant.
Top universities in India that offer nuclear physics courses:
  • Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay): This institute offers M.Sc and Ph.D. programs in Nuclear Physics.

• Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR): This institute offers M.Sc and Ph.D. programs in Nuclear Physics.

• Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC): This institute offers M.Sc and Ph.D. programs in Nuclear Physics.

• University of Delhi: This university offers M.Sc and Ph.D. programs in Nuclear Physics.

• University of Mumbai: This university offers M.Sc and Ph.D. programs in Nuclear Physics.[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?