24th December 2009, 08:51 PM
sudhakar888

Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station?

whether electronics and communication engineer can study in National Power Training Institute or he can work in thermal power station please .if it is possible explain please

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join Jadavpur and NPTI for Power Engineering course? Do Power Engineers work in Thermal Power Station or can they work anywhere?
  2. Should I join NPTI or Jadavpur? Does power engineering graduate work in thermal power station or can he work anywhere?
  3. Which branch to choose between electrical and electronics and telecommunication to get a government job in thermal power station?
  4. Does Ramagundam Super Thermal Power Plant Station, Telangana offers internship to M.Tech in Thermal Power Plant Engineering student?
  5. How to apply for training at Patratu Thermal Power Station
  6. How to enroll for training in Thermal Power Plant Engineering at Mejia Thermal Power Station, West Bengal? How much stipend they give? -- [New]
  7. Recruitments in Private Sector for B.E.(ECE) fresher?
  8. Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?
  9. What is the difference between electronics and communication engineer and maintenance engineer?
  10. In which sector should an electronics and communication engineer work to get a better earning in future?
  11. After passing MSc in Pure Chemistry and while working in a modern thermal power station as a chemistry how to join any correspondence course to improve the knowledge?
  12. What minimum percentage is required in graduation,12th and 10th for NTPC exam
  13. How can I do Internship in Ukai Thermal Power Station being an Electrical 4th semester student?
  14. How to get job in Tata Steel as a Maintenance Engineer after diploma in Engineering and having 2 years of experience as a Boiler Maintenance Engineer in Thermal Power plant?
  15. Possibilities to do training at Sabarmati Thermal Power Station, Gujarat for Ph.D in Nuclear Science student?
  16. How to make my career in Thermal Power Station? I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering
  17. PG Diploma in thermal power after B.Tech(Electrical and Electronics)?
  18. How to do summer internship in Thermal Bokaro Steel power plant?
11th January 2010, 04:31 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station?

you are eligible as you are graduate and further if you want to check detailed eligibility
you can download the pdf document from the link given and confirm your eligibility....
www.npti.nic.in/npti1.pdf

you must have a completed graduation in engineering with at least 60% aggregate from the recogonised university to be eligible for this course.

The scope of power sector is very good; if u go through last budget the government has given importance to the transmission and distribution losses (APRDP project) and also power for all by 2012. Also there are many UMPP coming up. So there is lots of scope, for more go through net and u will get it.

NPTI is good college it comes under ministry of power, ya don’t expect it to be like a core b-school.
Last yr 70%ile was cut-off for cat score then there was gd and pi
Last yr recession had also hit our college but unlike most of the good b-school which where not able to achieve 100% placement NPTI has achieved 100% placement even last yr, of course package were not that good.

and NPTI is accredited from AICTE

best of luck
12th January 2010, 10:37 PM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

Default Re: Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station?

it depends on the job requirement of the ntpc,
visit www.ntpcindia.com for any job opening and other details
13th January 2010, 08:52 PM
rohit kumar singh

well in today's scenario mechanical engineers are working in software field so why an elkectronics engineer cant work in thermal power station...definitely it depends upon requirement of the organisation..
14th January 2010, 11:12 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi friend,

of course electronics and communication engineer can study in National Power Training Institute.
the eligibility criteria is graduate engineer with >60% from recognised institute.
visit the website for more information:
www.npti.nic.in

and about working in power stations,then the answer is yes ECE engineers are eligible to work in power stations also,since it not only deals with production but also distribution,optimization and control of power system,which is generally handelled by ECE engineers.
15th January 2010, 02:30 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

yes you definitely can work but the number of jobs available for electronic engineer in thermal power station is very less
19th February 2010, 09:09 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

there is very less scope for electronics engineer in the thermal power students,it has not scope like electrical and mechanical engineer.
now these days power is generated and the power is needed to be in controlled in order to distribution,
and now these days power is controlled by the semiconductor or power electronics device,
and for that purpose electronics engineer is required,
ok
best of luck.
14th March 2010, 09:33 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

HI....
Yes frined you are eligible but its all depend on the job requirement of the NTPC.....
15th March 2010, 05:50 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
yes electronics and communication student can work in the thermal power station,but there are very few options,so you can apply for any other field of ece.
regarding the detail of the jobs for the ece students you can go through the following site www.freshersworld.com.

best of luck.
15th March 2010, 08:30 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

now these days,
the power is controlled by the different semi conductor devices,
and for the operation and maintain the electronics engineers are required.
and so electronics engineer can work in a thermal power plant.

o k
all the best
23rd March 2010, 12:36 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
yes are eligible to work in thermal power station.
but for that you have to qualify an entrance exam.
by.
23rd March 2010, 10:44 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

there is very less scope for electronics engineer in the thermal power students,it has not scope like electrical and mechanical engineer.
now these days power is generated and the power is needed to be in controlled in order to distribution,
and now these days power is controlled by the semiconductor or power electronics device,
and for that purpose electronics engineer is required,
ok
best of luck.
24th March 2010, 12:34 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
yes electronics engineers can work in a thermal power in purpose of controlling the power through different semiconductor devices,
and for their maintains,
ok
25th March 2010, 04:43 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hello friend../...
you can get all informations in the following websites:
www.jerusalemengg.ac.in/dept/ece/ece.html

www.indianjobtalks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12065&page
31st March 2010, 12:45 PM
rajeshingarhwa

Dear friend,
Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station,
you get job mainly in control department.
Best of luck.
31st March 2010, 11:16 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes they are eligible for working in thermal power stations so dont worry
22nd May 2010, 04:37 AM
drdo99
Banned

bhel,ntpc are some of the organizations recruiting people freom ece.details at their official sites.
8th June 2010, 05:57 PM
chakaravarthi

here i got perfect result so thanks to all who ever posted related to ece
8th June 2010, 05:59 PM
chakaravarthi

Thumbs up Re: Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansh_ansh View Post
now these days,
the power is controlled by the different semi conductor devices,
and for the operation and maintain the electronics engineers are required.
and so electronics engineer can work in a thermal power plant.

o k
all the best
the above mentioned details very useful for me thanks for posting lik this . pls continue u r answer here best of luck
15th June 2010, 10:49 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

The job profile of ece candidates is suitable to work in managerial sector.
Precisely,it can be said ece engg. has its own domain of competency in thermal plant.
28th June 2010, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Electronics and communication engineer can work in iron casting industry?
13th August 2010, 05:48 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Yes,you can join in thermal power stations...i know that there are some certain job profile for Electronics engineers but can't exactly tell the name of the profile.

I think that you should go for core branch jobs rather than the thermal power stations..

Now it is up to you if you want to join in there of course you can..

Look for the advertisements in the employment news and national dailies.

All the best!
15th August 2010, 01:11 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND

now a days all modern power plants work using electronic equipments.

PLC system control is there.

thermal power plants allow students of ECE.

all the best.
15th August 2010, 07:55 PM
bholag

dear friend,
YES,
Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station.
You can work in Control and instrumentation department
And you can work as a logic developer
17th August 2010, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I am lecturer for diploma and now selected for power station and govt polytehnic lecturer which is best
30th August 2010, 05:51 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

Yes; Electronics and communication engineer can

work in thermal power station.You are eligible for

getting job in all the thermal power station.

So prepare well and get the job.
7th October 2010, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir i am student of ece now i am in 7th sem.now my training is in TSPL power limted "vedanta"this project is not in working now iam see the C&I drawing here,i see this project from it's childhood eventhough civil work and mechanical work.sir i want ask from you this training can give me future benefit for this project. My email id is [email protected] dear sir plz give me a right advise.
23rd November 2010, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

hi i'm an ece student ...can you let me know what type of curriculam have yo be prepared for a job in power plants(gas based)
9th December 2010, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

sir,i want to know that which course will provide sure job to ece students
10th December 2010, 03:59 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i want to know that which course will provide sure job to ece students
hello sir

all the courses which i'm going to list here will get you a job if you give your 100% concentration in the course time

embeded systems certificate course in NSIC

VLSI certificate course in NSIC

animation course in MAYA 3D

animation and gaming integrated certificate course in RAY animations

all the best

~aditya~
21st December 2010, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my b.tech in 2010 with an aggregate of 68% in ECE. I am interested in power sector(thermal). can u please tell me where will i get the information regarding this and which functioning area suits me the best and helpful for my further growth in that organization.
14th March 2011, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir,diploma in electronics&communication engg. has any work in thermal power station....pls rply in [email protected]
14th March 2011, 10:35 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, Electronics and communication engineer can work in thermal power station.

you can join given below power station.

1.NTPC.

2.DVC.

3.POWER GRID.

ETC.

all the best.....
23rd April 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

i am a E&Tc student in diploma can i job in power plant ?
3rd June 2011, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

I am Electronicd & computer student in B.Tech can i join in power plant
22nd June 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

hi i m Bhadresh my que. was how scopes in power electronics engineering after 4 years
28th June 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

what are the jobs that a electronic and communication engineer can handle in a large thermal stations
5th July 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

hi friend this is madhan, chennai. i completed diploma in EEE and BE ECE (09 batch) and presently i am working in kpo temporarily... i would like to switch my job in any Electronics/Electrical field, so friends kindly reply me with the good openings anywhere in india. i am very eager to your replies. If anyone can give me any references in such companies that will be much much useful for me.. i can be reached by calling at 9789038112, and mail id is [email protected]
10th July 2011, 03:12 PM
irocksitikimi

Default Hello Every tom,I girl this forum

I keep listening to the newscast talk about receiving free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?
30th August 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I am student of electronics and communication engineering of third year. i am intrested in hydro projects after graduation. how can i worked at hydro power station.
30th November 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

what is the proper role of electronics engineers in POWER Sector.Just elaborate it so that i can take proper decision over this
13th January 2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

what is the post for ec engg. in thermal power plants...?
17th April 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

i have planned to go thermal power plant for inplant training . as i am an electronics and communication engineer whether i can go or not
21st April 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

can an electronic & communication engineer work in balco aluminum plant?
9th June 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

which kind of project will be done by electronics and communication engineering student at thermal power plant?
26th June 2012, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

sir i have cleared pgdc cet 2012(for thermal power plant enginnering)and thinking to join it.but i have more than 60% both in SSLC and BE, but not in HSLC.will it be a problem in campus recruitment
6th July 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

sir. i have completed my pg diploma in power plant engg. in jswece ....and my branch is ece ....is there any company where i can work as operation and maintainance as a control and instrumentation department in any power plant
15th August 2012, 11:06 PM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

you are eligible as you are graduate and further if you want to check detailed eligibility
you can download the pdf document from the link given and confirm your eligibility....

you must have a completed graduation in engineering with at least 60% aggregate from the recogonised university to be eligible for this course.

The scope of power sector is very good; if u go through last budget the government has given importance to the transmission and distribution losses (APRDP project) and also power for all by 2012. Also there are many UMPP coming up. So there is lots of scope, for more go through net and u will get it.

NPTI is good college it comes under ministry of power, ya don’t expect it to be like a core b-school.
Last yr recession had also hit our college but unlike most of the good b-school which where not able to achieve 100% placement NPTI has achieved 100% placement even last yr, of course package were not that good.

Thanks
16th August 2012, 12:34 AM
sunny.leone2012

Hi dear,

Thanks
17th August 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

can an electronics & communication engineer apply for the post of electrical engineer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?