4th August 2015, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for SSB exams on my own?

Sir,

I am an Engineering (B.E) Student in Ahmedabad. I want to prepare myself for SSB exam (Self Preparation). Can any of you tell me in detail about how to self prepare and crack SSB exam in detail.

5th August 2015, 02:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for SSB exams on my own?

Yes, you can prepare by yourself for the selection in the SSB. SSB stands for the Service Selection Board and it is the second and final step for the recruitment in the defence services.

In SSB you have to go through the various tasks from outdoor - indoor and alone to group. The candidates need to perform well in all the tasks for the final selection.

The candidates have to also face the three officers in these process as Psychologist, GTO and Interviewing officer. After selection in these process you are eligible for the Medical.

Those candidates who are well in English and are able to make good relation with the group members and never try to do or show extra confidence in any activities. So the candidates need to prepare on these points to qualify in the SSB.

But it is also necessary for the candidates to speak few lines and write about the events taking place around the world and in the country.

To get the video for the SSB you can visit at the www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
5th August 2015, 02:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SSB stands for the Service Selection Board. It is one of the important stage and deciding factor whether you will be selected or not in the defense sector. Lots of candidates clear the written test but fail to clear the SSB.

Service Selection Board is usually of 4-5 days with different test on different days of the SSB. To be very honest here, there is no such defined books which you can study to clear the SSB. It is an overall assessment of an individual whether that person is suitable for becoming and Officer in Defense or not. It selects the most suitable person for the post not the best person.

However if you keep certain things in mind then you can easily clear the SSB. Some of the important tips are:

>>In stage I there is Picture perception and discussion test, observe the picture carefully as most of us avoid observing and start writing story on it. Make a blue print of the story on the basis of which you will write story and discuss in front of officers. Keep your story, short simple and concise. In discussion come to a particular conclusion rather contradicting others.

>>Always be positive and take positive stand of yourself in Word Association test and Thematic Appreciation test.

>>Represent what you are not be a show off in whole period of SSB as they can easily point out if you are not showing your real character.

>>Tell truth and stick to the basic guidelines given by officers show unity during different test and Ground Task.

Do not panic while personal interview, communicate in soft and sweet voice, there is nothing to be tensed because if you do not get anything you get experience and in human life experience matters a lot.
5th August 2015, 06:35 PM
wasimakram1174

revice social,science and maths books from 6th to 10th standards.be prepared with General knowledge upto 1 year by reading current affairs books.
5th August 2015, 06:55 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

SSB stands for SERVICES SELECTION BOARD that is conducted for the selection of Officers in Indian Armed Forces.

In SSB you will be tested of your potency of leadership traits and responsibility.
Keep a good command on English language and your communication skills.

Go through these books for SSB preparation :

SSB Interview: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
Author: NK Natarajan's
Publisher: Arihant (2012)

Modern SSB Interviews 4 Edition (Paperback)
Author: Col. Kuldip S. Dosanjh
Publisher: International Publishing House

SSB Interviews and Psycho Intelligence Tests (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Also prepare your self for Group Discussion, Word Appreciation test, group task and Interview.
15th August 2015, 11:35 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

SSB stands for SERVICES SELECTION BOARD that is conducted for the selection of Officers in Indian Armed Forces.

In SSB you will be tested of your potency of leadership traits and responsibility.
Keep a good command on English language and your communication skills.

Go through these books for SSB preparation :

SSB Interview: The Complete Guide (Paperback)
Author: NK Natarajan's
Publisher: Arihant (2012)

Modern SSB Interviews 4 Edition (Paperback)
Author: Col. Kuldip S. Dosanjh
Publisher: International Publishing House

SSB Interviews and Psycho Intelligence Tests (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?