5th February 2018, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

IAS can be cracked without coaching classes? Interesting ideas to improve general knowledge?

I am a second year engineering student from department of ECE. I want to become an IAS officer. There is any possibility to crack the examination without any coaching classes? I want to mention it I am very poor in general knowledge so give me any interesting ideas to improve my national and international knowledge.

6th February 2018, 06:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IAS can be cracked without coaching classes? Interesting ideas to improve general knowledge?

If you want to become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service examination.

The examination is among the toughest examination and to qualify an examination, you have to study with dedication, determination, and devotion.

So, from now if you will start preparation, you will definitely qualify for the examination.

But if you do not want to join coaching classes then kindly take the guidance from the senior who has qualified in examination regarding the topics to study and way to study.

You can improve your general knowledge by reading newspaper and current affairs magazine.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th February 2018, 09:26 PM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: IAS can be cracked without coaching classes? Interesting ideas to improve general knowledge?

No need to worry since you are in pursuing your education , you have 2 more years of time for completing your education. So, start preparing from now on-wards only.
For General Knowledge section do following list of things on day to day basis:

-Refer to standard newspaper's like Hindu and note down the key points.
-Purchase the manorama year book and prepare it.
-Daily make it an habit of reading NCERT books from class VI to XII of all subjects.
-Give mock exams of topics you have prepared on weekly basis.

So, do all the above mentioned list then you will be expert in General knowledge section.
7th February 2018, 10:22 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are many students who have cracked IAS through their own preparations, and if you have the talent, then you can also do it. Just make sure that you have got the study material to prepare on your own.

For general knowledge you need to be aware of daily current affairs and must read newspaper daily. You can expect anything in this section from day to day affairs.
7th February 2018, 11:13 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a second year engineering student from department of ECE. I want to become an IAS officer. There is any possibility to crack the examination without any coaching classes? I want to mention it I am very poor in general knowledge so give me any interesting ideas to improve my national and international knowledge.

Yes, it is possible to clear the Civil Service Examinations (IAS) without coaching classes. The candidate has to work hard to clear the civil service examinations without coaching classes.
To improve your general knowledge one should study at least 2 national dailies like The Hindu, Hindustan Times, Indian Express, etc. Candidates should watch the BBC for getting knowledge about international current affairs. Candidates should study textbooks of history, civics and geography from Class VI to XII. Candidates can also study Manorama for improving general knowledge. One should discuss the current affairs with their friends to improve general knowledge. There are various books available for improving GK; one can also make use of it.
7th February 2018, 08:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you are determined to qualify for Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

Coaching Institute plays an important role as it provides a proper guidance regarding the syllabus of examination and topics to be covered for examination.

But, if you do not want to join the institute, you can take help from anyone who is in the preparation or have qualified in examination.

There is no substitute other than hard and smart work to qualify for examination. So, you have sufficient time to overcome all your weakness.

For details information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?