31st May 2016, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do Criminology course to join CBI through SSC exam?

Sir, I am currently studying in B.E in IT and now i want to apply for SSC (staff selection commission) exams. So is it necessary to do course in criminology for being a CBI?

31st May 2016, 10:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do Criminology course to join CBI through SSC exam?

It is not necessary to do criminology course to join Central Bureau of Investigation through Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.

The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.Those in final year of graduation can also apply.

Age limit for Sub Inspector in CBI through SSC CGL is 20-30 years.

Official website is http://www.ssc.nic.in.
31st May 2016, 10:27 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do Criminology course to join CBI through SSC exam?

No, it is not necessary to do Bachelor's degree in Criminology to join Crime Branch.

Recruitment in CBI for Group C posts are made through Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The posts which comes under Group C are Sub-Inspectors, Constables and Lower Division Clerk.

Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam to apply for CBI are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should holds Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized board.

-The age limit should be in between 20 years to 25 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure is conducted in two levels :

Tier -I : Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)- 200 marks

Tier -II : Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) - 400 marks.

Exam syllabus :

- General Intelligence & Reasoning

- General Awareness

- Quantitative Aptitude

- English Comprehension

Physical requirements:-

Height :

*For male candidate - 165 cm.

*For female candidate -150 cm.

Chest: 76 cm with expansion (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)

Weight: Proportionate to height and age and also per medical standard specified in Force

Eye Sight :

Distant Vision (with or without glasses): 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.

Near Vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

One can get more details on the Official website of SSC : www.ssconline.nic.in
31st May 2016, 11:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Sub Inspector Post in CBI through SSC CGL exam:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for SSC CGL examination.

2. Age limit is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You need not pursue criminology course for SSC CGL exam.
1st June 2016, 12:17 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Criminology course is not compulsory for Staff Selection Commission to be selected for Sub Inspector in CBI. The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of any stream can also apply for this exam.

The age limit for SI in CBI is 20-30 years as per latest updated and it is relaxed by three years for OBC candidates and five years for SC/ST candidates. You need to clear all stages of SSC CGL to get job in this department.

For any more details, you can visit http://www.ssc.nic.in.
1st June 2016, 12:34 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is not compulsory to do criminology course to join CBI but if you do it then this will be better for you.
Always try to give your best in every work and if you are trying then give your best in this sector to achieve your goal.
1st June 2016, 12:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am currently studying in B.E in IT and now i want to apply for SSC (staff selection commission) exams. So is it necessary to do course in criminology for being a CBI?
It's necessary to do course in criminology for being a CBI,

Only graduate from a recognized university are eligible for CBI exam through the SSC CGL exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks.

Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.
19th March 2019, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I am an engineering student.is it necessary to get graduation in criminology to enter into CID???
27th April 2020, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have degree from only University
to get eligibility for cbi
30th April 2020, 08:28 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Is it necessary to do Criminology course to join CBI through SSC exam?

No, there is no need to complete Criminology course to join CBI directly. In this purpose after completing Degree course you apply SSC CGL Exams.

The competitor must be a resident of India.

- The applicant should holds Bachelor's qualification in any control with at
least 55% imprints from a perceived board.

- as far as possible ought to be in the middle of 20 years to 25 years for
general category.Age is loose for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST
applicants.

Choice strategy is directed in two levels :

Level - I : Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)- 200 imprints

Level - II : Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) - 400 imprints.
23rd November 2021, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

I want to join CBI so after 12th which course should i opt?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?