4th February 2015, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for job in PSU for B.Tech(E&TC) 4th year student through GATE? Eligibility to apply for job?

sir,
i m btech 4th year E&TC student
i want to know how to apply job
in different psu's through gate exam ??
and what are the criteria for different psu's??

25th April 2015, 12:11 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to apply for job in PSU for B.Tech(E&TC) 4th year student through GATE? Eligibility to apply for job?

If you want to apply for jobs in PSUs then you need to have passed a bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university with minimum 65% marks.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST category need only 60% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for job in PSUs.

Candidates need to qualify GATE Entrance examination conducted every year for candidates willing to get admission in ME/M.Tech program or want to get job in PSUs because PSUs recruits employees for posts - Assistant Engineer/ Executive Engineer/ Engineering Trainee/ Junior Engineer on the basis of scores secured by the candidate in GATE test so qualifying in this test is compulsory then only you will be eligible to get the job.

If you apply for job in any PSU like - NTPC/ ONGC/ BHEL/ SAIL/ GAIL/ CIL etc. then you will be shortlisted for interview process based on marks secured in GATE test.

When you will appear for admission the authorities will test everything about your personal and educational background and give you marks in interview process and they have the right to reject you immediately from the recruitment as per the rules.

If you qualifies interview process but could not secure good marks in GATE test then you will not get the job but if your marks are enough to be in the merit list and qualified in interview then you will get the job.

I would finally request you to prepare well for GATE test and try to have higher percentage marks in this test because this will declare everything about your career so why not work harder for the career and start hardcore preparation for this test to top the GATE test in the next turn.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?