4th June 2017, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army as an officer for a 19 year old girl

Hi Sir/Mam, I am coming from Chennai. I am doing B.A English literature 2nd year & my daddy was an Ex-serviceman. I want to be join as an officer & my age is 19 am a girl name Janani. How to join as an officer can anybody give me some advice.

4th June 2017, 07:01 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army as an officer for a 19 year old girl

For joining Indian army you have to give CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Any candidate who has completed graduation in any subject from a recognized university are eligible for this exam. But you can apply only for Short Service Commission. For more information you can visit the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
4th June 2017, 07:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Army as an officer being a 19 year old candidate. To join Indian Army as an officer, you have to appear in NDA or CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or above from a recognised board/ university are eligible to appear in CDS or NDA examination. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to appear in NDA or CDS examination for joining in Indian Army.
5th June 2017, 12:08 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army being women, you can take entry from given below entrance tests:

UPSC entry: Women candidates of age 19 to 25 years can apply for this test. They have to clear an exam held by UPSC which is held twice in a year and successful candidates of written exam are called for the SSB interview. To apply for this entry, a graduate in any discipline from a recognised University is required.

NCC special entry: This entry is only for NCC women cadet who have 2 years service in NCC Senior division army and have minimum B grade in C certificate exam. Age should be in between 19 to 25 years. Final year student / graduate with 50% aggregate are eligible for this entry.

SSC Technical Entry: Women engineering students of age 20 to 27 years are eligible for this entry.

JAG entry: This entry specially for the law graduates and age required for this entries 21 to 27 years which is notified along with the vacancies by additional directorate General recruiting in the month of April or October.
5th June 2017, 12:49 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To join Indian Army the candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized university, then the candidates are eligible to write the exam which is conducted by the UPSC after clearing the exam the candidate will face the SSB interview after clearing the all the stages, then the candidate will get the post of Lieutenant in Indian Army and after gaining experience the candidate can reach to the high post. The age of the candidate must be in between 19 to 25 years.
5th June 2017, 03:56 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Indian Army as an officer for a girl:-

Girl candidate can apply to join Indian Army after graduation.

One have to apply for the CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC twice every year in February and August.

Eligibility criteria for apply Indian Army:-

You should have completed your graduation.

Age limit is 19 to 24 years.

Candidate should be unmarried.

Candidate should be citizen of Indian.

Minimum height of girls is 152 CM for joining in Indian Army.
5th June 2017, 04:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Here is an account of how are ladies can get into this prestigious Institution of Defence:

JAG Entry: This entry is especially for the law graduates. To be eligible for this entry, a candidate must be having a graduate degree of LLB / LLM with minimum 55% aggregate and the candidate should be registered with Bar Council of India.

SSC Technical Entry: Women engineering students of age 20 to 27 years are eligible for this entry.

NCC special entry: This entry is only for NCC women candidates who have 2 years service in NCC Senior division Army. Age should be in between 19 to 25.

UPSC entry: Women candidates of age 19 to 25 years can apply for this entry.
5th June 2017, 06:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army as an officer through CDS exam.

UPSC conducts CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam twice a year for recruitment of officers in Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

IMA/OTA - Bachelors degree in any stream.

Indian Naval Academy -B.E./B.Tech.

Indian Air Force Academy - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech.

-Age limit:

IMA - 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy -19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy -19 years to 23 years

OTA - 19 years to 25 years

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Written Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks
5th June 2017, 10:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Indian Army after completing your graduation. If you are already graduate, then you can apply for CDS exam being a 19 year old.

If your graduation is not completed, then you can apply only in final year of the degree. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB interview conducted by UPSC.
14th July 2017, 11:12 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Mam, I am coming from Chennai. I am doing B.A English literature 2nd year & my daddy was an Ex-serviceman. I want to be join as an officer & my age is 19 am a girl name Janani. How to join as an officer can anybody give me some advice.
Yes you are eligible to join Indian Army.After Graduation,you can join through the following exams:-

1. UPSC Combined Defence Service(CDS) Exam
2. Short Service Commission Scheme for Women
3. NCC Special Entry Scheme

You can also appear in AFCAT Exam of Indian Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?