11th June 2015, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Application procedure to join Indian Army at the age of 24 after MCA with 70% marks?

Sir,
I'm Thomas Babu, I have finished MCA with 70%. I am 24 years old. I want to join in our Indian Army. So can you help me how to join in an Indian Army, What is the Procedure for joining?

12th June 2015, 12:23 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application procedure to join Indian Army at the age of 24 after MCA with 70% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I'm Thomas Babu, I have finished MCA with 70%. I am 24 years old. I want to join in our Indian Army. So can you help me how to join in an Indian Army, What is the Procedure for joining?
To join in Indian army at the age of 24 years is possible by writing the entrance exam to join in the post. There are various entrance exams which are conducted in India for candidates to join in defence forces. You can apply for CDS Exam which offers candidates to join in defence forces and there are eligibility criteria which are needed to be satisfied and includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification
  • Physical Standard

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed for joining in Indian army is 19-24 years.

-> Educational qualification needed is degree from a recognized university and can be from any stream.

-> The most important criteria of all is the physical standard.

[IMG]
http://entrance-exam.net/forum/attachments/general-discussion/94231d1338386943-required-physical-standards-appear-nda-exam-nda-physical-requirements.jpg
[/IMG]

Selection Procedure:
  • Written Exam
  • Interview/ Intelligence Test/ Personality Test
  • Document Verification
  • Medical Examination

Written Exam consists of objective type questions and duration of 2hours and maximum marks is 100 for each subject such as English, General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects.

Regarding the application forms you can get at http://www.upsconline.nic.inTo know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th June 2015, 07:17 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application procedure to join Indian Army at the age of 24 after MCA with 70% marks?

To join in Indian Army after completion of your Graduation course, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year. You can apply for CDS examination through online mode by visiting UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/ to join in Indian Army. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview
3. Medical Test
12th June 2015, 07:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that you are eligible for joining Indian Army being 24 years old as for the same your age have to within 19 years to 24 years.

But if you are keen to join defense services then you have the option of Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) which too is one of the wings of Combined Defense Service (CDS) and for the same you have to crack the CDS examination held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.

The basic qualification qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for OTA wing are as following :-

* You must be an Indian resident.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have done your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally as per the requirement of service.

The examination is held in two stages which are as Written examination and service selection board interview respectively. One is eligible for stage two only if they crack the stage one.

For notifications and applying for the upcoming examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in. Here you can get the details regarding question pattern of examination.
12th June 2015, 08:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the Indian Army. As the maximum age limit is 24 years for it. To get recruited you have to clear the CDS entrance examination. CDS stands for the Combined Defence Service and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for the IAF, NAVY and ARMY. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have completed their graduation degree from any recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 19-24 years.
* Both male and female candidate are eligible.

The examination is conducted in two stages as :-
Written.
SSB.

It is important to qualify in the written examination to qualify for the SSB and then for the final recruitment as the officer in the Indian Army.

The application form are made available on the www.upsc.gov.in. For any information regarding the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?