20th June 2017, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the maximum upper age limit for government jobs?

I have approx. 12 years of experience in the private multinational manufacturing company. Like Delphi, Sandan & Lloyd electric & Engineering Ltd. My age is 33. I am belonging from SC Category. Now I am looking for the government job. I am B.Tech- Mechanical engineering- full time & M. Tech- Energy management - distance learning & PGDM-Operation management with Distance education. Now what is the maximum upper age limit for me to apply government job.

20th June 2017, 06:42 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the maximum upper age limit for government jobs?

As, you belong to SC category you are eligible to get recruitment in government jobs.

For appearing in various government jobs the basic eligibility is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is between 20-30 years with +5 years in relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for entrance examination such as banking, railway, Civil Services, SSC etc. For more information about examination visit at official website of respective examination.
20th June 2017, 09:08 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

The maximum age limit to get the government job varies from post to post, whereas the maximum age limit to get the job is 25 years, 27 years and 32 years. The upper age limit relaxation is also available to the reserved category candidates.
20th June 2017, 10:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The upper age limit to apply for most of the government jobs is 30 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules to apply for government jobs. In case of PHC and Ex-servicemen, the upper age relaxation is applicable to government jobs as per government rules.
21st June 2017, 01:56 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There are lots of government jobs available and all does not have the same age criteria. Some of the government jobs have an age limit of 30 years and some have up to 32 years for general candidates. As you belong to SC category, you will get an age relaxation of 5 years. As a result you can apply till the age of 35 to 37 years depending upon the type of job and the position.
22nd June 2017, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech from cs from private college. I want to ask what are the best career opportunities for me ?
22nd June 2017, 02:30 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Maximum age limit will differ from one government examination to another, however in general the maximum age limit for general candidates is 30 years and for ST/ST/OBS candidates is 35 years.
22nd June 2017, 02:53 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria totally depends upon the level and the job your applying for, it varies from 18 to 40 years of age. To apply for Government job vacancies, candidates should eligible for the posts as per criteria stipulated by that department like qualification, age limit, qualification and other eligibility criteria. All competitive examinations is conducted by its related departments. They have stipulated eligibility criteria to appear the exams, including qualification, age and experiences, according to that basis jobs are allocated to the eligible candidates.
22nd June 2017, 12:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have approx. 12 years of experience in the private multinational manufacturing company. Like Delphi, Sandan & Lloyd electric & Engineering Ltd. My age is 33. I am belonging from SC Category. Now I am looking for the government job. I am B.Tech- Mechanical engineering- full time & M. Tech- Energy management - distance learning & PGDM-Operation management with Distance education. Now what is the maximum upper age limit for me to apply government job.

The upper age limit for government jobs will vary from one post to another. For IAS/IPS the upper age limit is 32 years and for bank clerk the upper age limit is 27 years for general category, +3 years for OBC and +5 years for SC/ST. You have to check the notification for the post you want to apply for exact details. In some states, upper age limit for government job is 40 years. Based on the post and experience the upper age limit varies.
22nd June 2017, 01:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are no fixed age criteria for government sector exam. Every government exam has different age criteria.

Civil Service Exam:- 20 to 32 years

IES:-20 to 30 years

Bank PO:-20 to 30 years

Assistant Teacher:- 20 to 35 years

Age relaxation:-

SC/ST- 5 years

OBC- 3 years

Ex-Servicemen ( Unreserved)- 5 years

Ex-Servicemen (OBC)- 8 years

Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)- 10 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?