1st December 2017, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Process to join Air Force while in B.Tech ECE 5th semester?

Sir, I am studying B.Tech, ECE 3rd year (5th semester) in Chennai, to join in Air force after completion of my course. What is the process to join in Air force, to whom I have to contact .

Kiran kumari,
Ananthapur A.P.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  2. After B.E ECE how can I join Indian Air Force?
  3. Is there any difficulty to get job for BTech(ECE) 5th semester student with 2 backlogs?
  4. How can I join Indian Air Force after studying in 5th semester electrical engineering
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force?
  6. Can I apply for interview directly in Indian Air Force through Fast Track Selection process if secured 79.67% in B.Tech(ECE)? Procedure to apply for it?
  7. Is there any chance to join Air force in any field after completing B.Tech ECE
  8. Can I continue my B.Tech education if I join Indian Navy in 5th Semester of my B.Tech?
  9. Companies offering Industrial Training to BTech ECE 5th semester student in Uttar Pradesh?
  10. MNC companies offering an Internship to BTech ECE 5th semester student in Bangalore? -- [New]
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force after pursuing B.Tech in ECE?
  12. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I join the Indian Air Force while pursuing Diploma in ECE? What is the procedure to join the Indian Air Force?
  14. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  15. Procedure to appear for arrear papers
  16. What shall I do to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of ECE?
  17. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  18. PTU B.Tech ECE-5th Semester-Antenna and Wave Propagation (EC-303) exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
1st December 2017, 08:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Process to join Air Force while in B.Tech ECE 5th semester?

In order to join, Indian Air Force there is a certain procedure to be followed. One can join Indian Air Force after completion of either 12th Class or else after completion of Graduation.

>> If joining Indian Air Force after 12th Class, then appearing in NDA is mandatory.

>> On the other side, if joining Indian Air Force after Graduation then appearing in CDS Recruitment Examination is mandatory.

>> As you are presently pursuing 2nd Year of Bachelor of Engineering course, I suggest you to first complete Graduation. After successful completion of this course, you are required to appear in Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
1st December 2017, 08:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Air Force while pursuing B.Tech 5th semester, you have to pass all 8 semesters of B.Tech course. You have to apply for UPSC CDS after completion of your B.Tech ECE course. You should be in the age range of 19 to 24 years, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
1st December 2017, 10:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of 5th semester ( third year ) of ECE degree course whose duration is four years course you cannot join Indian Air force at that posts ( i.e; through that entry ) for which the minimum educational qualification required is a graduation as for that you are required to be atleast pursuing the final year of your bachelor degree course.

At present you are eligible for joining Indian Air force as a commissioned officer through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) or as an airmen by qualifying its recruitment process if you satisfy their other requirements apart from your educational qualification.

Further once you move into the final year of your bachelor degree course you can apply for various posts in Airforce through AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ) and CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination provided you satisfy their eligibility criteria.

For more details regarding different career opportunities available in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairfoce.nic.in .
2nd December 2017, 03:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that while in 5th semester of engineering course you cannot join Airforce but yes after completion of your engineering degree you can appear in CDS exam that stands for Combined Defence Services to join Air Force. Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam only for unmarried men and there will be group tests and personal interview for candidates who qualify in the written examination and age must be in between 19 to 23 years.
Second option which you have is to appear in Flying Short Service Commission. Both unmarried men and women can apply through this scheme if they possess minimum of 60% marks during their BTech course and age limit should be in between 19 to 23 years.
2nd December 2017, 08:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for AFCAT examination while pursuing in 5th semester of B.Tech course.

You will become eligible to appear in examination after completion of 7th semester ( next year ).

So, if you want to join Air Force can start prepare for examination. AFCAT examination is conducted in two stages ( Written and SSB).

It is mandatory to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?