1st December 2017, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS Officer from History subject?

I want to become an IPS officer. I am a science student in 11th & 12th and in college, I have taken Arts stream of subjects history, political, English, Communication English, and EVS. I want to become an IPS officer from history. Can I fulfill my dream with this subject?

1st December 2017, 08:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS Officer from History subject?

Yes, you can become an IPS officer even after studying with History subject. There is a certain educational qualification that is required in order to become an IPS Officer.

To join IPS (Indian Police Services), you are required to appear in an entrance examination called CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for joining IPS is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As any Graduation is allowed, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for CSAT recruitment.

>> You are required to qualify Preliminary Examination which is followed by Mains Examination. After successful qualifying Mains, you will be called for Personal Interview. So, after clearing all the rounds you will be allocated job based on the merit marks you secure.
1st December 2017, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an IPS officer after completion of your Bachelor's degree course in Arts stream. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
1st December 2017, 10:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examinations held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as following :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized university.

So as far as you are concerned about becoming an IPS officer if you complete your graduation degree with History then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible.

For details information regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
1st December 2017, 11:45 PM
The Guider

IPS (Indian Police Service ) is the job which comes after IAS and this selection is done after UPSC examination which is basically termed as Civil Services Examinations.

Eligibility criteria is,

Education qualification -

Candidate must have completed Graduation in any stream.
A candidate who is in last year of Graduation is also eligible.
Candidate’s degree can be from any UGC approved University or any state University.

Age Limit -

Age must be between 21 to 32 for General category.

Candidates of SC/ST and OBC will get extra age 5 and 3 years respectively

So, you are eligible to be an IPS officer.
2nd December 2017, 09:06 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IPS officer you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university

> You must be an Indian citizen

> Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. For OBC candidates the age limit is upto 35 years and for SC/ST the age is 37 years

> Your must be physically fit and should have a good eyesight

> Your height should be minimum 165 cms long and 150 cms for women

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services Examination. After qualifying the examination you have to appear for a physical test followed by personal interview which will decide your selection.
2nd December 2017, 03:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to be an IPS officer:

To be eligible for becoming an IPS officer, the candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

Candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years for general category, 35 years for other backward classes category candidates and 37 years for candidates belonging to a scheduled caste or Scheduled tribe.

Yes definitely if you have studied history then you are eligible to appear in this examination and as well you can become an IPS officer but you must possess a degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
2nd December 2017, 03:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an IPS officer. I am a science student in 11th & 12th and in college, I have taken Arts stream of subjects history, political, English, Communication English, and EVS. I want to become an IPS officer from history. Can I fulfill my dream with this subject?

Yes, you can become an IPS Officer after completion of History subjects. To become an IPS Officer, you have to clear the Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC. Civil Service Examinations consist of three parts, namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. You should have studied a bachelor’s degree in any discipline to apply for the civil service examination. Therefore, candidates who have studied history subject in 10+2 or graduation are eligible to become an IPS Officer.
2nd December 2017, 04:09 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become an IPS officer:

Aspirants should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognised University.

Age should be in between 21 to 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category candidates.

You are eligible to appear in this examination if you have completed your degree in history or any other subject.
2nd December 2017, 07:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes you can certainly become IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer after completion of your degree course with history and the above mentioned subject at your Class 12th level but for the same you need to qualify Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

a) You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years. There is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

b) You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized university.

c) You must satisfy certain physical fitness requirement norms for joining as IPS officer.

For more official details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
2nd December 2017, 08:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course you are eligible to select any paper for your optional paper from the list of available choice in the UPSC notification.

There is no limitation on selection of optional paper as per bachelor degree stream.

But, you have to prepare for examination with determination, dedication and devotion to qualify in all stages of examination.

So, select the optional paper only in which you have more interest. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?