30th March 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Qualification required to appear in UPSC exams for BBA 2nd year student?

Sir,
What is the qualification for writing
a UPSC exams? I am studying in BBA 2nd year.
Kindly tell me about my qualification eligibility
for giving UPSC exams.

2nd April 2015, 08:15 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to appear in UPSC exams for BBA 2nd year student?

Educational Qualification Required to appear in UPSC Exams:

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts several recruitment examinations every year and educational qualification generally varies with the type of recruitment. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for UPSC Examinations is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university.

Basic Educational Qualification:

>> Degree (Bachelor Degree) of a Recognized University or equivalent in ANY STREAM

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination. So final year pursuing candidates are also eligible to appear in UPSC Examinations.

>> Being a BBA Graduate, you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC Examinations as Graduation in any stream is accepted.
2nd April 2015, 01:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to appear in UPSC exams for BBA 2nd year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
for giving UPSC exams.
After completion of BBA course, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
2nd April 2015, 10:04 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir,
for giving UPSC exams.
Being a 2nd year candidates are not eligible to apply for UPSC Examination. To apply for UPSC examination, you should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories. After successfully completing degree course. You are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination.
3rd April 2015, 03:12 PM
amanshrivastava98

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission.

For filling up the various highly reputed posts in all the government departments across the country they conduct a Civil Services Examination every year.

According to the guidelines released by the UPSC regarding the eligibility for writing the CSE are as follows :

* The minimum and maximum age criteria is 21 years minimum and 32 years maximum for a general candidate.

* The minimum educational qualification required is the candidate should be graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC at least.

* There is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria given by them at rhe time of graduation.

* The maximum number of attempts is 6 for a general candidate.
3rd April 2015, 07:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
for giving UPSC exams.

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts various exams for candidates to join in various posts in Government of India and some of them include such as Defence services, Civil Services, Engineering services posts.

You are doing 2nd year BBA, with which you cannot apply for any of the UPSC Exams at this stage. If you complete your graduation then there is a possibility that you can apply for entrance exams for the post you wish to join.

Some of the exams which you can opt and the eligibility needed for defence service and civil services are:

For Defence services (CDS exam) :

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed for joining in Indian army is 19-24 years

# For Indian navy 19-22 years, for Indian Air force it is 19-23 years and OTA (Officer Training Academy) it i 19-25 years.

# Educational qualification needed is candidates should have completed degree in the case of joining in Indian army or OTA.

# In case of joining in Indian navy candidate should have completed a Engineering degree and for joining in Indian Air force candidate should have completed degree with physics and mathematics as subject.

For Civil Services (IAS,IPS,IFS):

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed for general category candidate is 21-30 years.

# For SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

For more info regarding the UPSC Exams check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 07:59 PM
Ashwakh

See there are many UPSC exams which are dependent upon certain Qualification . In the Question , you didnt mention which UPSC exam , you are asking the Details . Anyways , here i am mentioning some of the UPSC exams which you can apply .

~ With Graduation as Qualification , you can apply for the CDS exam which is to join in Defence sector .

To apply for the CDS exam , you should have completed Graduation from a Recognised university.
Your age shouldbe in between 19-22 years , for Navy and for Airforce your age shouldbe in between 19-23 years . For Army , your age shouldbe in between 19-24 years . To join in OTA through CDS exam, your age shouldbe in between 19-25 years.

Note that , you shouldbe an Unmarried candidate

~ With Graduation as Qualification , you can apply for the IAS , IPS exams which will be conducting by UPSC .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?