17th March 2012, 11:58 AM
abeerules

Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

what are minimum qualifications required for IPS exam or UPSC exam.i am graduate with 48.14% in last year of tybcom.so can i appear for IPS or UPSC exam

17th March 2012, 03:20 PM
rajiv_m

Default Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Any graduate in any field ,they can appear for IPS(Indian police service) /IAS(All indian service) exam .....this two exam taken by UPSC (Unian public service commission ).
17th March 2012, 03:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

There is no separate IPS Exam for the candidates to be placed in IPS (Indian Police Service). But, the candidates can join IPS (Indian Police Service) by cracking Civil Services Exam which is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The minimum academic qualification that a candidate is required to be eligible for this exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course can also be eligible to appear for this Exam. But they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Here is the required age criteria for the candidates to be eligible for this Exam.

-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

So, if you possess the above mentioned age criteria as per your category, you can take this exam.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
17th March 2012, 03:36 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear......................

The details eligibility criteria for IPS exam are as follows......

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.........
17th March 2012, 03:57 PM
tudi.swethna

hai friend..
Ya you can appear for IPS. You can join IPS by cracking CSE. Civil service exam is conduted by UPSC.. It only required graduation in any stream from any university..

allthe best..
17th March 2012, 04:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, in order to apply for Civil Service exam.

There is no percentage of marks criteria to appear for Civil Service exam so being secured 48.14% marks in Graduation, you can apply for this exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

There is certain Physical Fitness test to be undergone those applying for IPS.

For further information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
17th March 2012, 07:41 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

YOU CAN APPLY FOR IAS/IPS/IFS EVEN WITH THESE MARKS.

As there is no marks required in the graduation just passing is enough provided you have done your graduation from recognized university.

Minimum Qualification
1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.
2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between
21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I - Preliminary Exam (Objective type Exam)
STAGE II - Main Exam (Descriptive type Exam)
STAGE III - Personal Interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.
17th March 2012, 09:02 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerules View Post
what are minimum qualifications required for IPS exam or UPSC exam.i am graduate with 48.14% in last year of tybcom.so can i appear for IPS or UPSC exam

hi!!

IPS Stands for Indian police services but the exam con ducted by UPSC is civil services exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.By thuis exam one can get selected and work in the administrative department which is really important to take care of the laws to be implemented.

By this exam one can get the administrative positions like::::
  • Indian foreign services
  • Indian police services
  • Indian Administrative services
one can also become a "Cabinet Secretary" .

educational qualification

-
minimum Graduation is required.

-candidates need to pass the exams in graduation as just graduation is required so passing marks in graduation are enough.

-candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply.

age criteria

-
for general category it is 21 to 30 years.

-for OBC there is a relaxation of further 3 years.

-
for SC/ST there is a relaxation of further 5 years.

selection procedure

firstly on clearing of written exam one needs to give mains exam followed by interview.

for more go to the website.......
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

hope this helped............

with regards

roknits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc 2011.pdf(346.2 KB, 177 views)
30th March 2012, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage to appear this exam?
14th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am graduate with 35% marks.But it took 4 years to complete my graduation,Still can i apply for upsc exams.
15th May 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i m undergraduate sudent in d.u apearing B.A(hons)hindi i want to join indian army i hvng"c" certificate in n.c.c bt i don't knw how cn i apply 4 thz plz suggest me sirrr....wht cn i do...???
21st May 2012, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

i am pursuing bachelor of engineering in 'civil' branch. .can i appear in ips exam??
1st June 2012, 12:53 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service

IPS is one of the Indian civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.
For Ex-servicemen it is 5 years from the prescribed limits.
The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

OPEN-4, OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT

Thank you.
1st June 2012, 12:54 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Minimum education criteria = Graduate

How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam.

This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is coming into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.and so there is no option subjects...

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of

Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)

Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.
6th June 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilpati View Post
Hi dear......................

The details eligibility criteria for IPS exam are as follows......

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.........
respected sir, recently i completed my b.tech and i would like to became an IPS officer. so, i need some advices from you
9th July 2012, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Hello my self is suma. I completed my engineering with 40% and i took 5 years to complete this.... am i eligible for attend IPS exam? plz sujjest me sir
26th July 2012, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i am a student appearing B.A.LL.B course(final year)..my question is ..can i be eligible for IPS and IAS exam?
29th September 2012, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

am in f.y.b.a. My scoring in 12th 72% So can i apply in g.p.s.c exam ? after gratuation.
28th October 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma in mech., and pursuing amie course do i be eligible for IPS and IAS exam?
please replay
29th October 2012, 09:41 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:
Hey friend,

The qualification needed for the IPS exam for joining in for the post of IPS and conducted by UPSC is that you need to satisfy the following qualification:

>> Nationality

>> Age Limit

>> Education qalification

>> Physical standard

Nationality:
  • The candidate appearing for the exam must have a citizenship in India

Age Limit:
  • The candidate of General category should have a age limit of 21-30 years
  • The candidate of Sc/St category should have 21-35 years
  • Candidate of OBC category should have 21-33 years
  • The candidate who is a Ex-service men will get a exception of 5 years from the prescribed limits

Education Qualification:
  • The candidate appearing for the exam must have completed a degree from a recognized university and must have got a fair percentage in it.
  • Even Final year exam candidate is also eligible for applying

Physical Standard:

The candidate who is satisfying all these above mentioned criteria for the exam is only eligible for applying for the IPS Exam to join in as a IPS officer.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
30th October 2012, 12:45 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you can appear fir IAS / UPSC exam.

As you are a graduate, you can apply.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC exam -

Gradauate in any discipline from a recognised university.

Age - 21- 30 years.

If you fulfill both the criteria , you are eligible.

For complete information visit - www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2012, 07:58 AM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

HI,

Yes, you are eligible UPSC.

>> Qualification

- Graduation complete

- Physical fit

- Age 21-28 years

>>All detail in below

>> Detail

1)

2)

3)
30th October 2012, 09:28 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

If you are interested in this first you can appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualifications:-

>> Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream form any recognized university

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years

age relaxation as under

For SC/ST 5 years

For OBC 3 years

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Number of Attempts

Maximum 4 attempts for General Candidates

Maximum 7 attempts for OBC candidates

No Restriction for SC/ST candidates

Physical Standard

all the best....

Regards....
Tash
30th October 2012, 11:53 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

IPS EXAM ELIGIBILITY;--
*YOU MUST BE GRADUATE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.
*AGE LIMIT IS 21-30 YEARS.
3 AND 5 YEARS AGE RELAXATION IS GIVEN TO RESERVED CATEGORY CATEGORY STUDENTS.

*YOU MUST BE INDIAN CITIZEN.

for more,

www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2012, 12:28 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:

hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

==>A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  • General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
  • General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

good luck,...........
30th October 2012, 12:59 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

DEAR ASPIRANT...

YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS...

FOR DETAILS:www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2012, 10:05 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

There is no minimum percentage criteria in IAS exam.

UPSC conducts IAS exam.

Eligibility criteria -

Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Age between 21-30 years.

For more information www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2013, 08:49 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you can appear in the UPSC Civil Services Examination if you have 48.14% marks in graduation.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam every year.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for Civil services Examination are :

* you must have completed your graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* If you are in Final Year Of Graduation , then also you can apply for the same.

* Age Criteria :

* Nationality : Indian.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th January 2013, 02:33 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Yes, you can appear for UPSC examination as per as your present qualification.

The educational qualifications regarding with the civil services examinations which are conducted by UPSC, are below mentioned:-

* Either graduate aspirant or a final year candidate of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age- 21-30(General), 21-33(OBC), 21-35(SC/ST).

* Nationality- Indian.

Thanks.
14th January 2013, 05:35 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply to UPSC Civil Services Exam(CSE) having scored 48.14% in graduation.You need a Pass Class in your graduation only to be eligible to apply.
Percentage is not a eligibility criteria,so dont worry.
To become an IPS Officer you have to appear/clear the prestigious
UPSC Civil Services Exam(CSE).
CSE is conducted by UPSC every year to make recruitments to 24 services/posts.
After clearing CSE you can get posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,etc
based on your rank in the Final Merit list.
So securing a good rank is very important to get top posts.

Eligibility For CSE :

Age Limit :
General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of the year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Educational Qualification :
Minimum educational qualification to appear in the CSE is,
A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply provisionally.

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
To apply online visit www.upsconline.nic.in
15th January 2013, 11:51 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:

Qualifications Required For IPS

Recruitment of IPS Officers is done through the Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC every year..

Candidate must have following educational qualfications :-

>> candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized isntitute..

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..3 years and 5 years of upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

You need to clear the following rounds in order to get recruited :-

>> CSAT
>> Mains
>> Interview
>> Medical Exam

I have attached the Mains papers pattern as well as the physical requirements you need to clear the medical exam..

Go to http://upsc.gov.in for more details..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: docx IPS Physical Eligibility.docx(10.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 180 views)
16th January 2013, 10:23 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
*_Qualifications Required For IPS
_*

Recruitment of IPS Officers is done through the *Civil Service Exams* conducted by UPSC every year..

Candidate must have following educational qualfications :-

*>> candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized isntitute..

>> candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..3 years and 5 years of upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively..*

You need to clear the following rounds in order to get recruited :-

*>> CSAT
>> Mains
>> Interview
>> Medical Exam*

I have attached the Mains papers pattern as well as the physical requirements you need to clear the medical exam..

Go to *http://upsc.gov.in* for more details..

all the best..

*With Warm Regards
Nitz*

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
17th January 2013, 02:07 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nice to see your interest in the civil service examination. IPS is stand for Indian Police Service and it come under civil services examination. The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. If you are interested in the IPS field then to appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :-
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IPS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IPS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IPS entrance examination.

There are no limit percentage required in graduation. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the IPS entrance examination. So as per eligibility criteria of the IPS examination you are eligible for the Civil Services examination. So don't worry and do preparation well for the IPS entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the IPS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th January 2013, 11:18 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:

IPS(Indian Police Services) Exam is Conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).Thus you will have to appear in UPSC IPS Exam.

Eligibility for appearing in this exam

Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

Age :- Your minimum age should be 21 years and not above 30 years.

Age Relaxation :- Only reserved category candidates will get age relaxation facility.
  • SC/ST category - 5 years.
  • OBC Category - 3 years.
Educational Qualification :- Graduation pass out in any stream from recognized university.

Selection Process :-

>>Preliminary Exam(CSAT).
>>Mains Exam.
>>Interview.
>>Medical Test.

Books to be Refered :-
  • For General science - Bookjs of NCERT from class IX & X.
  • Current Affairs - Newspaper - Economic times.
  • Perodicals - Frontline.
  • Indian History - Bipan Chandra(Author).
  • Current Affairs - Pratiyogita Darpan.
  • Indian and World Geography - Geography book of NCERT from class IX & X.
  • Indian Economics - NCERT(Class IX& X),K.P.M Sundaram(Author).
17th January 2013, 12:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are definitely eligible for Civil Service Examination for Indian Police Service. Those who are interested in appearing for Civil Service Examination only require a graduation degree. There is no criteria for percentage therefore don't worry and apply for the IPS entrance exam.

However before you apply, please ensure that you are meeting physical side of requirements. You are definitely meeting academic criteria but due to the nature of work, Indian Police Service also requires candidates to meet certain physical requirements. Therefore ensure that you are meeting them as well.

Eligibility

1. Candidate of Indian origin can apply.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Physical Requirements

Height:

Male - 165 cm (SC/ST/OBC)

Female - 150 cm (SC/ST/OBC)

For ST candidates

Male - 160 cm

Female - 145 cm

Eye Sight:

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

No color blindness or night blindness

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Minimum 79 cm Expansion 5 cm

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
17th January 2013, 12:25 PM
babanpreet

Yes of course you are eligible to be appear in IPS exam.to be recruited in IPS,UPSC conducts entrance exam twice in a year. the minimum eligibility criteria is min graduation passout. There is no percentage bar to be appear in this exam
17th January 2013, 01:17 PM
mayankt

Hi,
As far as the minimum qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam is concern You should have bachelor degree in any branch from recognized university or its equivalent.
You can also apply in final year of graduation
Yes you can appear for this Exam even if you having scored 48.14% in Graduation coz percentage does not matter in this exam so don't worry and study hard

If you want to become IPS for that you have to apply for civil services exam

This exam comprises of 3 levels:-
1] Preliminary Exam -Usually 3 rd sunday of may every year
2] Mains Exam - Usually month of october-november every year
3] Interview
ELEGIBLETY CRITERIA:-
#. Educational Qualification
The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university
Final year degree students are also eligible
Degree obtained by distance education/open university is also eligible if the university is a recognized university
#.Age limit
General 21-30 yrs
SC/ST 21-35 yrs
PH 21-40 yrs
#.Number of attempts permitted
General 4
OBC 7
PH 7
SC/ST No Limit
#.Nationality should be Indian

IMPORTANT DATES---
*. notification 02/02/2013,
*. last date of submission: 04/03/2013
*. Date of prelim exam. 19/05/2013
good luck.....
17th January 2013, 02:19 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO FRIEND ,

IPS : stands for Indian plaice service , this exam is Civil services which is conducted by UPSC every year .

Eligibility to be an IPS OFFICER : --

1}Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university .

2}Age limit : --

21 to 30 years (for general category )

21 to 35 years (for OBC CATEGORY)

21 to 35 years (for SC/ST category)

3} candidates must be an Indian citizen.

4} PHYSICAL STANDARAD :--

FOR MORE DETAILS , VISIT OFFICIAL PAGE OF UPSC :--

ALL THE BEST .....!!
17th January 2013, 06:11 PM
kiruthika m.m

Eligibility Criteria :

For Indian Police Service ,you must be citizen of India.

Age limits :

You must have attained the age of 21 Yrs and must not Attained the age of 30 Yrs on 1st August,2012.

The Upper age limit will be Applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

Upto a maximum Five Years for Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribes.

Upto a Maximum three years for Other Backward Classes.

Education Qualification :

You must hold a Bachelor's degree of any Recognized University.

If you are in the final year of a degree course can also Eligible.

Number of Attempts :

Four Attempts for Open.

Seven Attempts for OBC category.

No Limit for SC/ST.

Physical Fitness Is very Important for IPS Exam.

Male 165 Cm Pahari Male (General also) & ST (Not SC/OBC) - 160 Cm.

Female 150 Cm Pahari female (General also) & ST (Not SC/OBC) - 145 Cm.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
17th January 2013, 07:28 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring for IPS should have maintained a minimum Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5m in each cases.

There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th January 2013, 08:26 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:
Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination._* :-
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IPS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IPS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IPS entrance examination.

There are no limit percentage required in graduation. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the IPS entrance examination. So as per eligibility criteria of the IPS examination you are eligible for the Civil Services examination. So don't worry and do preparation well for the IPS entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the IPS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ *_http://www.upsc.gov.in_* (http://www.upsc.gov.in)
17th January 2013, 08:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Examination every year and if you want to become IPS officer then you have to apply for Civil Services Examination.

One must be an Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university for Civil Services Examination.

The age limit for Civil Services Exam is as follows:

General Category- 21 to 30 years

OBC Category- 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category- 21 to 35 years

If you have age on your side then you can apply for IPS exam.

The number of attempts are limited hence you have to be well prepared for this exam then only you will become an IPS officer.

The examination is a three tier process:

-CSAT

-Mains

-Interview

For becoming IPS officer you also have to be medically fit otherwise you will be rejected.

So be prepared for the exam if you really want to become an IPS officer.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th January 2013, 09:15 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring for IPS should have maintained a minimum Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5m in each cases.

There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th January 2013, 10:27 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear...
Sir,.
You are eligible for the UPSC's civil service examination. As the minimum educational requirement for this examination is a graduation degree .Through the civil service examination, one can apply for the INDIAN POLICE SERVICE (IPS), INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE (IAS), INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE (IRS), INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICES (IFS) etc etc.
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year. In order to crack this civil service examination, one must be a hard- working with brillient mind.
This civil service examination have three stages to be clear in the way of an IPS aspirant.--

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT exam syllabus--

The age limit for this civil service examination is 21-30 years for the general candidates,
But there are some years of the age limit relaxations are also applicable for the sc\st & obc candidates,.

Physical standards--

No. of attempts-

Four for the general candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,

For more information please visit the official website by clicking -www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
19th January 2013, 04:15 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Polce Services.

The acronym for UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

IPS is a civil service examination. UPSC conducts civil service examination every year.

The eligibility criteria required for IPS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation-
http://aglasem.com/jobs/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/table-3.jpg

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no attempts for SC/ST contendors.

* Physical eligibility-
http://ihelpstudy.com/images//image_thumb21.png

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1111/4597437687_6f5045a46c_o.png

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

19th January 2013, 08:13 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:
Dear There,

Image: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWAdw1WkoTxQXxCzcIL0t9uvwTJqBVL 53Nx1pZewhI4BmbU73TwYPqF686BA

The acronym for IPS is Indian Polce Services.

The acronym for UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

IPS is a civil service examination. UPSC conducts civil service examination every year.

_The eligibility criteria required for IPS examination are prescribed as below:-_

* Completion of graduation from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation-
http://aglasem.com/jobs/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/table-3.jpg

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no attempts for SC/ST contendors.

* Physical eligibility-

good luck
20th January 2013, 03:22 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

IPS examination is a civil service examination, which is conducted every year by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The educational qualification regarding with IPS examination are below mentioned:-

* Graduation from a recognised college/university.

* Age criteria- 21-30 years.

* Nationality- Indian.

* No.of attempts- 4(General), 7(OBC) and no attempts(SC/ST).

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs(OBC), 5 yrs(SC/ST) and 10 yrs(PWD).

* Physical eligibility-

Thanks.

20th January 2013, 06:32 PM
babanpreet

Quote:
Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university

Age Limits :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Age Relaxation-:
i. SC/ST - 5 years
ii. OBC - 3 years

No. of permissible attempts :

Four for General Category
Seven for OBCs
and no limit for SCs/STs
27th February 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Age Limits :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Age Relaxation-:
i. SC/ST - 5 years
ii. OBC - 3 years

Seven for OBCs
and no limit for SCs/STs
27th February 2013, 10:48 PM
narendra B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv_m View Post
Any graduate in any field ,they can appear for IPS(Indian police service) /IAS(All indian service) exam .....this two exam taken by UPSC (Unian public service commission ).

Age Limits :

Age Relaxation-:
i. SC/ST - 5 years
ii. OBC - 3 years

Seven for OBCs
and no limit for SCs/STs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?