13th March 2012, 10:49 AM
anni bora

Which Posts do girls eligible in IMA?

girls are eligible for what post in IMA?

13th March 2012, 04:56 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Posts do girls eligible in IMA?

Following are the entry schemes in Indian Military Academy for women canddidates.

1. SSC Women, NCC Entry.
Qualification required
Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks
and Minimum B-Grade in "C Certificate exam of NCC".
The notification is published generally in Sep-Oct and Mar-Apr months.

2. SSC (Non Technical)
Qualification required
Graduation in any stream (no % restriction)
The selection is through CDS examination.
The notification is published by UPSC.
Visit: www.upsc.gov.in

3. JAG Women
Qualification required
Graduation with LLB / LLM with 55% marks and should be
registered with Bar Council of India / State.
The notification is published generally in Sep-Oct and Mar-Apr months.

The notification for exams are published in Employment News.

http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
13th March 2012, 05:15 PM
venkatadrir

Cool Re: Which Posts do girls eligible in IMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anni bora View Post
girls are eligible for what post in IMA?
IMA means INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY.The eligibilities are given as i know

FOR national cadet corps(NCC)
The qualification needed is SSC with minimum 50%.
the age will be 18+
do best
13th March 2012, 07:56 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Girls can join Indian Military in through basically three ways:-

SSC NCC Entry Scheme:- The women candidate having Graduation in any stream with 50% marks with "B" Grade NCC "C" certificate exam within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for Indian Army through Short Service Commission.

CDS :- The women candidate having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for OTA(Officer's Training Academy) of CDS(Combined Defence Service) by appearing through its entrance exam.

JAG-JUSTICE ADVOCATE GENERAL- The women candidate having Law Degree with 55% marks and practising as a Lawyer with any State Bar Council within the age of 19 to 27 years can apply for JAG examination.

For more information you may log on to www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2012, 09:33 PM
tudi.swethna

Smile Re: Which Posts do girls eligible in IMA?

hai dear..
Well Girls are not eligible to join the Indian Military Academy.
If you are interested in joining the Indian Army, you may join the Officers Training Academy by qualifying the combined defense service exam conducted by union public service commission.
To be eligible
1.you must be graduate
2.The age limit of 19 -25 years.
After qualifying the exam and acquiring the necessary training at the officers training academy, you will join Indian Army as an officer through short service commission.

All the best...
13th March 2012, 10:00 PM
Shariharidas

Hi guys,

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidates who have cleared 10+2 and those who are currently doing can apply
Those who had taken Physics & Mathematics in Class 12th can apply for navy and air force.
Candidates appearing for the exam must be bachelors .They must be between16 1/2 to 19 years on January 1st or July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam
Non-permanent citizens of India are not allowed to apply
Nationalities of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee can apply only if they have migrated to India with a purpose to become permanent citizens of India prior to January 1st
In case candidates origin is from India but actually migrated from either neighboring countries of India or East Africa nations like Uganda and Kenya can apply provided they are planning to permanently settle in India.
Gorkha category of Nepal need not submit any proof
Important Dates

[Please note that we only provide tentative dates based on previous years dates. For exact dates related information it is always best to check official websites only.]

NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) is the All India Medical Entrance Exam which is going to be conducted for the first time in year 2012 for +2 pass out students from Bi.P.C stream.

Inorder to speak out the Advantages and Disadvantages in my view this the best method to conduct the examination for Medical Entrance by MCI ( Medical Council Of India )

I. Advantages :

1. you can decrease your work load to prepare for different common entrance conducted by different Medical colleges for U.G & P.G courses.

2. There will be an opportunity for choosing the Best colleges in India with your rank and get placements.

3. MCI said if you go for payment seat also you must qualify NEET exam , as this increases the value for Medical course in India.

II. Disadvantages :

1. For students who are from other state board will face a problem to cope up with the CBSE syllabus for the first time.

2. For students who are appearing for Medical examination other than English language will face a problem of answering the questions in NEET exam ( English pattern ) and loose their rank in spite of hard work they have done.

3. As NEET announced going to conduct the exam from the year 2012 this might caused stress among students who already preparing for their state syllabus which causes an additional stress on their heads.

So in my view the NEET exam will be having benefits rather than disadvantages if the board conducts the examination from the next year so that there will be having some time for the students to change their syllabus as given by NCERT and start their preparation.

Regards,
Shari
6th March 2014, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

I AM VEENA MY DAUGHTER IS A RD CADET IN NCC NOW SHE IS IN 2ND PUC SHE WANTS TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY FOR OFFICER POST. WHAT IS THE WAY? WHAT EXAMS SHOULD SHE TAKE?
14th November 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I Am Nandani Kasera completed my bachelors degree with 60% ... Can I join Indian Military Academy, Dehradun? Please anyone give me the answer of my question.....
15th November 2015, 11:41 PM
Mohit.Bansal

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy.

Girls can't join IMA through NDA and CDS exams that are conducted by UPSC.

You can only apply for CDS OTA exam.

OTA stands for Officers Training Academy.

CDS(Combined Defence Services) exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

For OTA you need to complete graduation from recognised institute or college.

Your age should be within 19 years to 25 years.

You have to apply for the exam online on following official link-

http://upsconline.nic.in/
11th March 2016, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Hello..
I have done bsc. I want to know about officers rank after clearing cds. What post is this and want to know the pay scale .
20th January 2017, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm a girl after joining army from ota could I'll b permanent in army or not because it's short service commission
11th April 2018, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have recently passed out inter first year from science now will be going in second year , how can I get my self into army what are the conditions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?