10th February 2012, 01:39 PM
gajuladayasagar

How may I join Indian army? I'm 20 years old and passed 12th std with 68%(maths,Physics,Chemistry)

Nameste sir,

i dayasagar,age 20 yrs,education 12th pass with 68% M.P.C.(Maths,Physics,Chemistry).

i want to join as a indian army, an i want to serve my countyr.pls say the way to became an army jawan......

12th February 2012, 10:27 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian army? I'm 20 years old and passed 12th std with 68%(maths,Physics,Chemistry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajuladayasagar View Post
Nameste sir,

i dayasagar,age 20 yrs,education 12th pass with 68% M.P.C.(Maths,Physics,Chemistry).

i want to join as a indian army, an i want to serve my countyr.pls say the way to became an army jawan......
After completing your 12th examination you are eligible to crack the NDA examination.NDA Stands National Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.Minimum qualification for this examination is Intermediate(12th) from a recognized School or equivalent qualification.

To apply for Indian Army through NDA,then the candidate need to completed 12th with any desire subject like Science or commerce of a recognized School or equivalent qualification and final year of intermediate candidate may also eligible to apply for this examination.

To apply for Indian Army through NDA,the candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years at the time of appearing for this examination.So,according to the age limits you are not eligible to apply for this examination.

But you are eligible to apply for CDS examination after clearing your graduation.

Indian Army through CDS examination,the candidate should be completed their graduate degree in any discipline of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year candidate may also eligible to apply for CDS examination.

To apply for Indian Army through CDS exam,the candidate age should be between 19 years to 24 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
12th February 2012, 01:02 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian army? I'm 20 years old and passed 12th std with 68%(maths,Physics,Chemistry)

As you are over 19 years, the maximum age limit for NDA, you are not eligible to apply for NDA after 12th. but after graduation you are eligible to apply for CDS.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

Indian Army Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officer's Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

The candidate having Physics, chemistry and Mathematics can eligible to apply for all four wings of CDS but candidate having no aforementioned subjects are only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy and Army Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
30th March 2012, 10:31 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
You want to join in indian army, according to you educational qualification you are eligible for the NDA exam but according to your age you are not eligible to apply NDA exam because the age limits is 16.5years to 19years for the NDA exam.

Your age 20years so you are not eligible for the NDA.

Don't worry here is a solution for you to join in indian army through CDS (Combined Defence Service).
CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria for the CDS:

You should complete graduation from any recognised university.

Your age should not be more than 24years and should not be lessthan 19years.

You should be a citizen of india.

You should be physically fit.

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

After your graduation you eligible to join indian army so first of all you should complete your degree.

All the best.
27th July 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i completed my intermediate in science,maths background and now i am pursuing my degree in commerce how may i join Indian army
8th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Hello Dear,

If you are interested to join Indian army then you must give the entrance exams conducted by UPSC but you must be eligible for that.
As you have mentioned your qualification and your age, your qualification is ok but according to your ge you are not eligible to apply for NDA exam because age Limit to apply for this exam is 16.5-19 years.
But your age is 20 years so you are not eligible on the basis of 10+2(PCM)

But, yes you can join Indian Army through CDS(Combined Defence Services) exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must be graduate from recognized University.

2. Age Limit: 19-24 years

3. Must be citizen of India.

4. Should be Physically fit.

For more detail you can also visit on website: http://www.upsc.gov.in

Wish you all the very best.
21st August 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir im Palsh im 12th pass and 21 years old may i elligible for defence services on any rank....and is graduation from distance learning are accepted in indian army....reply me soon for better career in defence serices.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?