12th May 2014, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it useful to do BA in general for students who want to prepare for CSAT?

Hi friends,
I'm doing BA in general from IGNOU, my subjects are History, Political Science, Philosophy, Public Administration and Economics. I want to appear in CSAT, is it useful to take these subjects or waste of time? please help.

16th May 2014, 10:01 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it useful to do BA in general for students who want to prepare for CSAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends,
I'm doing BA in general from IGNOU, my subjects are History, Political Science, Philosophy, Public Administration and Economics. I want to appear in CSAT, is it useful to take these subjects or waste of time? please help.

Hey friend,

It's good to see you interested in writing the CSAT exam which is conducted by UPSC for candidates to join in Civil Service post.As you have mentioned that you are doing your B.A you will be satisfying the education qualification needed for exam.

And regarding the subjects which you have mentioned such as History, Political Science, Philosophy, Public Administration and Economics and yeah you might find it useful at the time of choosing your Optional Subjects.

The Optional Subjects include such as:
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce and Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Management
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Medical Science
  • Philosophy
  • Physics
  • Political Science and International Relations
  • Psychology
  • Pubic Administration
  • Sociology
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

To tell about the other criteria's it is that you need to have a Citizenship in India and the age limit needed is 21-30 years for General category and for other categories there are certain relaxation and they are 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

If you want more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?