4th June 2016, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Weight required as per the height to be a Pilot in IAF? What to do after qualifying CDS exam to get this post?

Hello!! Actually I want to be a pilot in IAF. I want to know can i get it through CDS exam? My height is 164 cms, so what should be my weight to get this job? And what to do after qualify cds exam to get this post. Plz tell me all about this.

4th June 2016, 11:09 PM
userdefined

Default Re: Weight required as per the height to be a Pilot in IAF? What to do after qualifying CDS exam to get this post?

There is no specific weight standards are given but you have to be above 157 cms and the corresponding weight.
-Eligible age limits 19-23 yrs,
-Educational qualifiaction- B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engg.
CDS Exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of February and August.
After you get qualified CDS Exam you will have to write OTA exam and then you will be advised to attend SSB interview, only if you have cleared this exam you will be posted in Defence.
5th June 2016, 08:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Weight required as per the height to be a Pilot in IAF? What to do after qualifying CDS exam to get this post?

The minimum acceptable height to join in Indian Air Force is 162.5 cms for male candidates and it is 152 cms for female candidates.

For a candidate whose height is 164 cms, the weight according to age range should be as follows :-
18-22 years-54 kgs
23-27 years-59 kgs

After qualifying CDS examination, you need to partcipate in further rounds to get selected in Indian Air Force. The selection process of CDS examination is as follows :-
1. Written Test
2. Interview/ Intelligence Test/ Personality Test
3. Document Verification
4. Medical Examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?