18th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between MPSC and UPSC exam?

Hiii...
I m Krutika...
I'm completed 12 th this year.
I'm interested in Computer so in future i am going for BCA.
And I also want to to became a IAS Officer.
But I dont know actual difference between MPSC and UPSC exam.
Please rly..
Thaks..

18th September 2016, 08:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between MPSC and UPSC exam?

MPSC stands for Maharashtra Public Service Commission. This is the state Civil Services examination conducted by State Government of Maharashtra for different administrative, police and revenue posts in Maharashtra government.

On the other hand, UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. It is central recruiting agency in India which conducts different examination at national level. Some of the exams conducted by UPSC are Civil Services exam, Combined Defence Services, Central Armed Police Force examination etc.

After completion of Bachelor's degree in computer application, you are eligible for both UPSC as well as MPSC examination.
18th September 2016, 12:59 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

MPSC is a state public service commission and UPSC is central public service commission. In MPSC you can get a job only in Maharashtra. In UPSC you can get a job at all over in India. As you said that you want to become a IAS officer so you have to give UPSC civil service exam after completion of your graduation.
Thanks
18th September 2016, 01:18 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Difference between MPSC and UPSC Exams:

Yes, there is a difference between MPSC and UPSC Examinations. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is a national and India Level examination and candidates from anywhere in India can apply for this recruitment.

Where MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) is a State level examination which is conducted only in Maharashtra. So candidates who belong to Maharashtra only are eligible to apply for this recruitment. As far as the services are concerned, they are almost the same. But I can say that there is a less competition for MPSC appearing candidates rather than for UPSC recruitment.
18th September 2016, 01:22 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiii...
I m Krutika...
I'm completed 12 th this year.
I'm interested in Computer so in future i am going for BCA.
And I also want to to became a IAS Officer.
But I dont know actual difference between MPSC and UPSC exam.
Please rly..
Thaks..

The UPSC is Union Public Service Commission, which is conducting examinations at all India level to select candidates. The candidates will be appointed in the central government vacancies after UPSC examinations. The MPSC is a Maharashtra Public Service Commission. The MPSC recruit people for administrative job under state government. The state government vacancies are filled by MPSC. The UPSC Class I officer will be superior to a MPSC Class I officer. This is the difference between MPSC and UPSC.
18th September 2016, 01:54 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conduct different exams over the year. It conduct exam at national level and one of the toughest exam in India to pass.
MPSC stands for Maharashtra Public Service Commission and it also conduct exam for different posts. MPSC is at state level and exam is easy than UPSC.
It can be applied by those who belong to that state and knows the regional language.

To apply for both the exams a candidate must be graduate from a valid university and with no back logs.
18th September 2016, 03:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

MPSC stands for Maharashtra Public Service Commission whereas UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. MPSC is a state level recruitment board whereas UPSC is a central level recruitment board. To become an IAS officer, you have to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC. You must have completed your Graduation or an equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear in UPSC IAS examination.
18th September 2016, 08:44 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

MPSC for Maharashtra Public Service Commission, is a state level examination. It is conducted only in Maharashtra state. While UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) is an all India Level examination. Any citizen with Indian residency, can apply for UPSC exam with required eligibility. As you are going for BCA degree, so you can apply for UPSC exam after completion of your graduation. If you have permanent residential proof of Maharashtra state, then you can apply for both MPSC as well as UPSC exam.
18th September 2016, 09:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after pursuing BCA degree you are eligible to become an I.A.S but before final recruitment you have to qualify in all the stages of Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts examination for recruitment of Officer's in various sector at central level where as through MPSC ( Maharashtra Public Service Commission ) the recruitment is done within the state services.
14th June 2019, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Why it is so important that before giving mpsc or upsc candidate should graduate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?