11th April 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

What are the exams available for getting Government job other than GATE exam?

Sir/Madam,

I am doing B.E ECE third year what are the exams available for getting a government job other than gate exam?
And what are the exams available for customs officers while doing third year BE? Kindly provide me the information soon as possible. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the GATE syllabus and useful exams for government exams? Which government exams are conducted on the basis of GATE syllabus?
  2. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  3. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  4. Is there any possibility to get a government job after doing B.E CSE from Anna University? Which are the entrance exams?
  5. Tamil Nadu Government Exams -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Any opportunity to get a job in government after B.E CSE? Any exam which are conducted for that?
  7. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  8. Is there any chance for me to join government job after MSc Bioinformatics? Any exams conducted for admission?
  9. Any chance to get a job in Government after BA and TPT(Telugu)? Details about all the government and central government exams?
  10. How may I find a job in leading government organizations without appearing in GATE exam?
  11. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  12. Is there any opportunity to join Government Job after MSc Bioinformatics from Bharathiar University affiliated college? Is there any exam conducted for the course? Details of all the government exams and central government exams?
  13. Is there any opportunity to get a job in Government Sector after finishing MSc(Bioinformatics) from Bharathiar University Affiliated College? Details about all the government exams and central government exams?
  14. Information about the government job? Which are the government exams?
  15. Is there any opportunity for me to join a government job after completing BCA from Bharathidasan University Affiliated University College? Are there any exams for that? Details about all the government exams?
  16. Any opportunity to get in government sector after finishing MCA from CUSAT? Any exams being conducted?
  17. How to join ISRO after passing 12th?
  18. Is there any opportunity to join Government jobs after completing B.E in CSE from Anna University? Any entrance exams to be answered? List of all government exams?
12th April 2015, 12:53 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the exams available for getting Government job other than GATE exam?

You can apply for many exams to get government job after B.E. degree.
Some of them are :

Civil Service exam : For the post of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS and other government departments.
IBPS : For Probationary Officer in Bank
SBI PO : For Probationary Officer in SBI Bank
SSC : SSC exam are for various post in various government departments
State PSCs : For officer post in state government departments.

You can apply for all these exams after completing graduation degree. You can also apply for these in final year but you have to show your graduation degree at the time of Main examination or interview.
12th April 2015, 03:20 PM
saritaupadhyay
Member+

Default Re: What are the exams available for getting Government job other than GATE exam?

There are may exams for getting government jobs especially after Graduation and these are listed below:

INDIAN POSTAL OFFICE EXAM.

RAILWAY EXAM.

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE EXAM.

INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAM.

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM.

RTO EXAM FOR CLERK POST.

POLICE CONSTABLE POST.

BSNL.

VILLAGE REVENUE OFFICE EXAM.

CSAT EXAM

INDIAN POLICE SERVICE EXAM

SBI PO POST EXAM.

BSNL JTO EXAM.

SSC: COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL EXAM. etc...
14th April 2015, 12:10 PM
Ashwakh

There are many such exams which you can apply with your qualification otherthan Gate exam .

1) You can apply for the Civil services exam . (IAS , IPS , IFS , etc.)

Selection process:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview

2) You can apply for the Ibps bank po clerk exam and ibps bank po exam also .

3) You can apply for the CDS exam to join in Defence services

CDS = Combined Defence service

Selection process is ,
-> written exam
-> ssb interview
-> medical test
14th April 2015, 09:06 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,

I am doing B.E ECE third year what are the exams available for getting a government job other than gate exam?
And what are the exams available for customs officers while doing third year BE? Kindly provide me the information soon as possible. Thank you.
There are so many exams other Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for the candidates pursuing bachelor's degree in technology.

1. Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Banking PO and Clerk exam.

2. SBI Bank PO and Clerk entrance exam.

3. Civil Services examinations.

4. Combined Defense Services.

5. Indian Forest Services exam.

6. Railway Recruitment Board entrance exams.

7. CPF Assistant Commandant exam.

8. Staff Selection Commission exam for Custom officer called Combined Graduate Level exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?