3rd March 2016, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for getting assistant professor job in government college?

I had done MBA and I want to become a assistant professor in government college how can I get that job and I will came to know about the job opening in the government college and university. It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job as assistant professor in government engineering college
  2. Procedure to get a job in any government college as a professor of commerce?
  3. Passing UGC NET is mandatory for being Assistant Professor in any government college?
  4. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  5. How to get a job as a professor in private/government college -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What are the jobs available to get after completion of graduation in Political science honors?
  7. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  8. List of Ph.D guide in Library science and English?
  9. How to pursue a job as assistant professor of statistics in BBDNIIT, LKO after completing Ph.D in the subject of statistics?
  10. Salary of an Assistant Professor in Government Colleges of West Bengal?
  11. Age limit for posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor?
  12. Can I become an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in any Government college if pursuing PhD in Mathematics and Teaching in Private college?
  13. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  14. Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?
  15. What are entrance exams available for job of assistant professor in government engineering colleges, Tamil Nadu?
  16. Can I get a government job after passing MSc IT with M.Phil in computer science
  17. Can I get a government posting as a assistant professor in colleges or universities
  18. Procedure to apply for an Internship in ISRO for an Assistant Professor?
3rd March 2016, 09:24 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting assistant professor job in government college?

To become assistant professor in government college, you have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is conducted by UGC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master's degree from recognised university and have minimum 55% aggregate.

So, you need to appear and qualify in entrance examination for final selection for jobs. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in

Candidates can also appear for SET for recruitment in state government colleges after qualifying in examination.
3rd March 2016, 09:41 PM
kantraman

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting assistant professor job in government college?

To get Assistant Professor job in govt.college it is compulsory to clear SLET/NET first of all then after you may become assistant professor in govt.college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?