13th July 2014, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

When can I appear in CDSE being a B.Pharma 1st year student? Suitable books for preparation?

sir,
i am 1st year b-pharm student ,
when i can give cdse exam ,
may i please know a good reference
book to study for cdse exam??????

18th July 2014, 11:46 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When can I appear in CDSE being a B.Pharma 1st year student? Suitable books for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i am 1st year b-pharm student ,
when i can give cdse exam ,
may i please know a good reference
book to study for cdse exam??????

To join in CDS exam which is one of the defence service exams conducted by UPSC every year for candidates to join in defence forces of India, you would need to satisfy the eligibility standards framed for it.There are many criteria's which are framed for the exam and they are:

# The candidate should have a Citizenship in India

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 19-24 years for joining in IMA and for Navy it is 19-22 years and for IAF it is 19-23 years and for OTA it is 19-25 years

# The candidate applying for the exam should be a Unmarried male candidate as they are only eligible.

# Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university for joining in IMA & OTA and for joining in Indian Navy the candidate need to have completed a Engineering degree and for IAF candidate need to have completed a Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

# Apart from all these the candidate need to be Physically fit while appearing for the exam

To apply for the exam you can do it in 2 modes:
  1. ONLINE
  2. OFFLINE

You can refer the following books for preparation for CDS Exam:
  • Asian Combined Defence Services Exam Guide written by R. P. Verma
  • Combined Defence Services Exam Guide written by Datason Rp
  • Arihant CDS Entrance Examination (Self Study Guide) written by Dr. Satyajeet Rawat, Brijesh Tripathi & Neetika Goyal

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?