12th June 2014, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria of Indian Police Service exam? Is it mandatory to be in Police Service for minimum 5 years?

sir
i want to know the Eligibility for Indian Police Service Exam,
is there mandetory requirement for 5 years of prior police service?
please let me know immediately
thank you in advance

21st July 2014, 12:59 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of Indian Police Service exam? Is it mandatory to be in Police Service for minimum 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i want to know the Eligibility for Indian Police Service Exam,
is there mandetory requirement for 5 years of prior police service?
please let me know immediately
thank you in advance
Is it mandatory to be in Police Service for minimum 5 years?

No such experience required for Indian Police Service Examination. Candidates who satisfy the educational qualification, age criteria and Physical standard are eligible to apply for this IPS examination.

IPS (i.e):- Indian Police Service and this entrance examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every year. To be become an Indian Police Service IPS officer then you have to appear in Civil Service entrance examination. The notification regarding the entrance examination published in official website of UPSC and also published in employment news paper.

IPS Eligibility Criteria:-

Academic Qualification :-

-To be eligible for becoming an IPS officer the applicant must posses a Under graduation course from an recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
-Those in the final year degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination.

Age Criteria:-

-The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained 30 years of age.
-Relaxation in upper age limit will be given to OBC Candidates up to 03 years, SC/ST Candidates up to 05 years and for Meritorious sports person up to 05 years.

Physical Standards:- The Applicant must he Physically as well medically fit.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?