22nd July 2012, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for PSU exam? I am B.Tech 1st year student in Mechanical branch

Sir,i am the b.tech 1st year student of mechanical branch.i want to know the syllabus for the psu exams and the books that should be read for the preparation.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the date of PSU exam? What is the scope of PSU sector?
  2. Syllabus of PSU and GATE exam? How to prepare for it? Which are the branches of PSU?
  3. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  4. How to prepare for PSU entrance exam? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student with mechanical
  5. What is the syllabus for PSU exams? How to prepare for it? I am a 3rd year Mechanical and Automation student
  6. What is the syllabus of PSU? I am a final year mechanical engineering student
  7. Is it necessary to appear for GATE after passing B.Tech CSE? What is the syllabus of CAT and PSU exam
  8. Question papers of PSU for E&I and ECE? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student
  9. Internship at the beginning of 3rd year for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year student? Should I start preparation for Internship test? -- [New]
  10. Scope for CSC B.Tech student in PSU? Which companies will he be eligible for? Advantages of Mechanical branch over CSC student when appearing for PSU?
  11. What is PSU exam? Can Electronics branch student apply for it?
  12. Tips on preparing for PSU exam? Syllabus for PSU exam?
  13. What is the PSU exam time table? Syllabus for Mechanical Engineers and books to be studied for PSU exams?
  14. How to prepare for PSU exam?
  15. Syllabus and books to be referred for PSU entrance exam?
  16. Which optional to choose for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which are the exams for which I can apply? I have written B.Tech 1st Mechanical branch
  18. Syllabus of Graduate examination conducted by PSUs for ECE branch?
22nd July 2012, 09:48 AM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: What is the syllabus for PSU exam? I am B.Tech 1st year student in Mechanical branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,i am the b.tech 1st year student of mechanical branch.i want to know the syllabus for the psu exams and the books that should be read for the preparation.
hi friend,

you can see the attachment,I HOPE it will help you..

ALL THE BEST....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PSU_syllabus mechanical.pdf(17.8 KB, 133 views)
22nd July 2012, 12:13 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for PSU exam? I am B.Tech 1st year student in Mechanical branch

The syllabus for the PSU examination is all the syllabus of engineering related to your branch of engineering. In technical syllabus you have to study all the subject which are related to your branch mechanical engineering. There are some subject in engineering which are not related to your branch still you have to study in engineering like computer subject or may be one subject which are related to other department. Without these subjects you have to study all other subjects.

From first year you have to study mathematics. In most of the PSU examination with technical questions they also include mathematics, english and aptitude. Some PSU examination may not include any other subject other then pure technical question from your branch.

As you are in first year of mechanical engineering and you want to be prepared for PSU examination then now you should pay attention to your mathematics subject. Because from first year mathematics is important from where questions will come in the PSU examination. In first there are some technical subject also related to your branch but in first year you will study those subject in brief. You will study those subject 2nd year, 3rd year or 4th year with more details. SO you should start technical subject preparation from the 2nd year of engineering.

There are so many good books for PSU examination preparation in market. You may refer any one of them or may buy two or three book. There are books by G K publishers, Handa publishers etc these are good books. Some model question paper are also added with these books. There are also some specific book fora specific PSU examination . If you want to join in a specific PSU then you may buy books for that specific examination only.

After mechanical engineering some of the PSUs are where you can join-
BHEL
BEL
Indian Oil
BARC
ISRO
NTPC and many more.

Try for these PSUs as per your interest. You must be well prepared to get a job in PSU because competition is very tough. Best of luck.
22nd July 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the syllabus for PSU exam? I am B.Tech 1st year student in Mechanical branch

Which books to be read for IAS exam for mechanical engineering as optional
6th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I amastudent of first year electronics and communication branch form kiet ghaziabad how can i get good jobs like 5lpa. Or I should study for MBA plzzzz helpme sir...........
8th August 2012, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a b.tech mechanical 1st year student .i am afraid to b.tech syllabus so i want know to b.tech mechanical course is this hard? Or no
4th September 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

iam btech 3rd year student. which questions asked in bsnl interview?
25th September 2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for PSU exam??I am B.Tech 3rd year student in Metalllurgical branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?