15th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Will it affect me in joining IFS with poor English?

Hello sir, I am presently doing B.Sc with Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. I am weak at speaking good English. Please tell me whether it affects me in joining IFS with poor English. Please tell me the solution.

15th June 2016, 10:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will it affect me in joining IFS with poor English?

As no one is born genius so if you will try to improve your English and work on it you will definitely your better speaking.

To join I.F.S you have to appear and qualify in all three stages of Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

So, you need to work hard to qualify in all stages of examination for final recruitment in service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
16th June 2016, 12:39 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Deinitely Poor English will affect in job selection. Since now a days we are having too much competition between the candidates. So almost all candidates who are gong appear for this type of exams should have some skills. Otherwise with that competition you will not get into good position.

Most of the cases english will not affect. But if you have good skills then the selection process will be easier.
16th June 2016, 02:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am presently doing B.Sc with Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. I am weak at speaking good English. Please tell me whether it affects me in joining IFS with poor English. Please tell me the solution.
No, it will not create any problem in IFS entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
16th June 2016, 02:12 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The aspirant should clear the Civil Services Examination to become IFS Officer. So you have enough time you can improve your English skills during the period. The civil services examinations are conducted by UPSC. There are Preliminary Examinations, Mains Examinations and Interview for the selection. You have to prepare well to crack the examinations. In the mean time you can also prepare to improve your English skills. So before you attend the interview process, you can improve your English speaking skills. If you put some effort, then you can improve your English skills easily. Best of luck!
16th June 2016, 08:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Speaking good English is not the only criteria for selection. If you are good in other aspects then it will help you to cover your weak English skills.

Hence, just be prepared for the exam and try to perform well in the exam. If you perform well in the written exam and interview then surely you will join IFS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?