18th August 2011, 09:56 AM
tyulika

Am I eligible to write engineering entrance exam? I have done HSE with arts stream and my english is very poor

dear, sir
i am akash from durgapur,i hope i am a b-tech eng....
but i am h.s pass streem arts.
can i seating the entrance exam?
my english speak was very poor

1st September 2015, 12:54 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write engineering entrance exam? I have done HSE with arts stream and my english is very poor

The eligibility criteria for Engineering is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 at least with Maths and Physics as the main subjects in 12th.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for Engineering. But since you have done 12th with Arts, you cannot go for engineering.
2nd September 2015, 10:18 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to write engineering entrance exam? I have done HSE with arts stream and my english is very poor

>> As you are qualified candidate of 12th from the arts stream well your English is very poor so you can not apply for the engineering entrance because the science stream candidates can only apply for the exam.

Eligibility for engineering entrance exam is-

>> Candidate must have passed the 12th class with physics, chemistry and mathematics and then you are eligible to write the engineering entrance exam AIEEE.

But if a person interested to attempt the IIT exam he or she must have the 60% marks only relaxation is for the SC or St can apply with 50% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?