20th June 2015, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?

Dear Sir,
This is informing you that I have appeared class 10th and result is awaiting. My Board is CBSE. Now I am studying in 11th class. I want to appear in JEE Main. My age is 14 years old. Can I appear in JEE Main exam after passing 12th class when my age will be 16 year ? Please clarify minimum age limit for JEE Main exam appearance for an OBC category.
Thanking you.
With Regards-
Monit Galav

21st June 2015, 09:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
This is informing you that I have appeared class 10th and result is awaiting. My Board is CBSE. Now I am studying in 11th class. I want to appear in JEE Main. My age is 14 years old. Can I appear in JEE Main exam after passing 12th class when my age will be 16 year ? Please clarify minimum age limit for JEE Main exam appearance for an OBC category.
Thanking you.
With Regards-
Monit Galav
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
21st June 2015, 11:55 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
Thanking you.
With Regards-
Monit Galav
The Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is being conducted for admissions to the Engineering courses. Those candidates who are interested to appear in JEE Main exam, must satisfy the below criteria,

JEE Main Exam Eligibility:

- Students should have cleared 10+2 standard board exam in science stream, conducted by any recognized central/state Board.

Age limit:

- The Student should be Born or after October 01, 1989 Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates - Born or after October 01, 1984 to be

Official Website - www.jeemain.nic.in
21st June 2015, 11:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and this examination is held by the Central Board of Secondary Education once every year for the selection of students for their Bachelor of Technology course from a top government colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM.

The examination is held in two stages. First stage is the JEE Mains after qualifying which one is eligible for the stage second i.e; JEE Advance.

The minimum eligibility required for appearing in this examination are as :-

Candidate must have completed their senior secondary degree education from a recognized board with at least 50% aggregate in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Also their age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the last date of the year in which they are appearing in the examination.

To qualify this examination one is provided three consecutive chances.

For more information regarding the question pattern, cutoffs, sample papers, etc refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
22nd June 2015, 03:00 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for JEE(Main) examination being 16 years old as the minimum age required to be able to appear for JEE(Main) is 17 years for any category of students.
12th April 2018, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I was born on 31 St October 2001 I completed intermediate board examination with 90 percent marks. Am I eligible to get seat into IIT college with this age through her exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?