7th May 2015, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage in graduation for PO? Am I eligible to apply if I have only 50% marks in Graduation?

Sir/Mam,

I need to information about the po. what is the minimum percentage for po in graduation? i complete my graduation with 50 % and 10 with 68% 12th with 72% but i am to much disturb of my graduation sir please help me to inform what percentage need in graduation for po thanku sir.

7th May 2015, 03:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage in graduation for PO? Am I eligible to apply if I have only 50% marks in Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I need to information about the po. what is the minimum percentage for po in graduation? i complete my graduation with 50 % and 10 with 68% 12th with 72% but i am to much disturb of my graduation sir please help me to inform what percentage need in graduation for po thanku sir.
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for bank PO exam.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for bank PO exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines that is 3 years for OBCs and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Examination pattern for Bank PO exam:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
7th May 2015, 04:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage in graduation for PO? Am I eligible to apply if I have only 50% marks in Graduation?

Yes, you can apply for bank PO exam, even if you have only 50% of marks in your graduation. That's because SBI and IBPS eligibility criteria, candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for bank PO exams and there is no any percentage requirement, which a candidate has to satisfy. So, you can apply for bank PO exam without worrying about your percentage.

Eligibility criteria:-
1. candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
2. Candidates age should be below 30 years, whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories are eligible for age relaxation as per government rules.
7th May 2015, 05:13 PM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of SBI PO are filled up through the entrance examination conducted by the IBPS and a separate exam by the SBI.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the IBPS :

* The candidate appearing for the exam should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university at the time of joining.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue and how much marks you have scored, you will be eligible for the examination.
7th May 2015, 05:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for bank PO examination one should have possess the following eligibility criteria mentioned below:

SBI PO Eligibility:

> Minimum age requirement for this exam is 20 years

> Maximum age is allowed till 30 years.

> Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST of 5 years, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for disabled candidates.

> Candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% marks.

> Candidates must have completed their +2 from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks.

NOTE: Only those candidates are eligible who have completed their education or graduation in a regular pattern and for distance learning candidates there is no opportunity for these exams, which means that distance degree holders need not apply.
7th May 2015, 06:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Come out of the confusion first and I would like to inform you that "There is no Minimum percentage required to be eligible for applying PO (Probationary Officer) post". You have secured good percentages i.e., 68% in 10th, 72% in 12th Class and 50% graduation and you do not need to worry at all. Since there is no minimum percentage is required, you are certainly eligible to apply for PO post having secured 50% marks in Graduation.

Minimum Educational Qualification: Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Just pass in respective qualification from a recognized university is adequate. Candidates who are appearing their Final year of Bachelor Degree are also eligible to apply.

Minimum Percentage Required: No Certain minimum percentage is required

Age Criteria for PO Post:

Minimum age - 21 years

Maximum age - 30 years

Note: Age relaxation is applicable for reserved candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ Ex-Servicemen) as per government norms.
7th May 2015, 08:32 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No need to worry about your percentage. Minimum Qualifying marks in graduation is enough to appear for Probationary Officer examination. To join in PO, you need to crack the SBI PO and IBPS PO Examination. SBI PO notification has been already released. But, last date for receipt of application has been completed on 02th May 2015. IBPS PO notification is not yet released.

IBPS PO Eligibility:

An applicant should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination. Applicant must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

SBI PO Eligibility:

An applicant should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination. Applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Those who are in the final year of degree course may also apply.
8th May 2015, 12:30 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear there is No such requirement needed for Bank PO examination. But you have to secure minimum percentage marks for Interview once you will select in written Examination.

The selection process will be based on the below stages.

* Written Examination

* Group Discussion

* Interview

From this year onwards the pattern of the examination will be completely changed so you need to be careful on that.

And you son't worry about the percentage in your graduation. In fact you must have age in between 21 to 30 years.

Last date to apply for SBI PO : 07/05/2015 .

Last date has been extended from 02/05/2015 to 07/05/2015.
8th May 2015, 03:36 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

It is really a good decision to apply for the Banking exam after completing Graduation. Banking is one of the fastest growing sectors. Getting a job in Banking sector is not an easy thing. You must have to prepare and work a lot to crack the Bank PO exam. Let's come to your question. Basically, the minimum marks required for Bank PO exam differs from Bank to Bank. If you are interested to appear in Private sector Banks like HDFC, Axis Bank then you are required to score at 60% of marks at Graduation level. There are no minimum marks required for the IBPS PO exam. So, please don't worry about your graduation marks. You are eligible to apply for the IBPS PO exam which is conducted by the CWE Common Written Exam.

IBPS PO Exam Eligibility Criteria:

-> The applicant should complete Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Those candidates who are waiting for final semester results may also eligible.

-> The applicant age should be in between 20 years to 30 years and relaxation will be given to reserving category up to 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Official website - www.ibps.in/
8th May 2015, 10:38 AM
Cisco India

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Yes, you have more then sufficient percentile in your Graduation or i can say your percent is on the verge and you are eligible for the PO exam. So, prepare for the exam and don't worry.
10th May 2015, 04:06 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

hello

eligibility criteria for banks varies from bank to bank i.e requirement for SBI is not the same as IDBI OR ICICI right.
here are the eligibility criteria required for the bank PO post:-

1)age limit=21-30 years (CERTAIN AGE RELAXATION FOR SC/ST/OBC etc)

2)Educational qualification:- bachelor degree in any discipline (in banks like SBI ,distance education are not applicable)

3) % required:- minimum of 55%

4)must be indian

5)Aspirants must have Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is compulsory.

you must make yourself updated with bank official website.

good luck

thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?