31st January 2016, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CA course after completion of graduation with 48% marks?

Am I eligible to apply for CA course after completion of graduation with 48% marks? Can you please help me to find the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the answer on this as I wanted to apply for the CA course.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I take M.Com course after completion of graduation course in BA with 65% marks?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of graduation with 49% marks and 70% marks in PGDCA?
  3. What are the career options after completion of B.Sc graduation?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission for doing Law after completion of BA graduation course with 38% marks?
  5. Am I eligible to do LLB course after completion of graduation with 41% marks? What is the age criteria followed to do the LLB course?
  6. Can I apply for post graduation after completion of my BA graduation from YCMOU?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Ed course after completion of graduation with 49% marks?
  8. Am I eligible to take CDS exam after completion of Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc IT course from SMU, India?
  10. Can I apply for TET Exam after the completion of Graduation?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Charted Account course after completion of B.Com course?
  12. Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com?
  13. Am I eligible to do M.Sc or any other post graduation course after completion of B.Sc with 50% marks?
  14. Eligibility for doing Hotel Management course after B.Com?
  15. Procedure to apply for SSB directly after completion of Graduation in B.Com with 70% of marks?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for manager test after completion of graduation in Bank?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for MA in English after completion of BBA graduation?
31st January 2016, 11:36 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA course after completion of graduation with 48% marks?

There is no difference in the admission procedure of Chartered Accountancy course for under graduates, graduates as well as post graduates.
The common proficiency test is mandatory and even being the graduate you have to crack the exam.

Minimum percentage required for Commerce graduates is 15% and 60% for non commerce graduates.
31st January 2016, 11:48 AM
kantraman

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA course after completion of graduation with 48% marks?

Yes you can do CA if having graduation in commerce with 50% marks and for non commerce student with subject other than math must have atleast of 55% and for non commerce student with math as one subject must have percentage 60% are exempted from CPT.
31st January 2016, 11:21 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for CA course after completion of graduation with 48% marks? Can you please help me to find the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the answer on this as I wanted to apply for the CA course.
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for Chartered Accountant course after completing. But, with 48% of marks you are not eligible for Intermediate course. The candidate need to score more then 60% of marks at Graduation and those who are belong from Commerce stream must score at least 55% of marks. Hence you are not eligible for Intermediate.

Please, refer the official website - www.icai.org.in
31st January 2016, 11:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Chartered Accountancy Course but not for direct entry to Integrated Professional Competence course as you have not scored minimum of 55% marks which is required for direct IPCC stage.

You will have to first clear Common Proficiency Test which is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. It is an objective exam in which a candidate must score minimum aggregate of 50% and 30% each in subjects like fundamentals of accountancy, mercantile law, economics, aptitude.

For any more details, visit http://www.icai.org
31st January 2016, 11:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy. This course has various levels:

*Common Proficiency Test.

*Integrated Professional Competence Course.

*Final course.

Candidates those who secure 55% or more in bachelor's degree are directly eligible for IPCC stage but since you have only 48% marks in graduation, you must apply for Common Proficiency Test and clear it to get enrolled for Chartered Accountancy course.
31st January 2016, 11:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy Course. This course has different stages like Common Proficiency test, IPCC, final course. For direct IPCC, minimum of 55% marks in bachelor's degree in commerce is required. Since you have only 48% marks in bachelor's degree, you are not eligible for IPCC exam.

First of all you must apply for CPT exam then you should clear it to get enrolled in this course.
28th July 2016, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

I completed B. A Course with the percentage of 57..... As am a married woman.. Is it so difficult to complete the c. a course.. A day how many hours should allot..?
4th March 2020, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello ,
Im studing b.Com from ycmou so after completion m i able to apply for CA course ?
6th March 2020, 03:39 PM
jigarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello ,
Im studing b.Com from ycmou so after completion m i able to apply for CA course ?
I think for the CA course you just need to pass graduation from any UGC approved university. YCMOU is one which is UGC approved.
18th June 2023, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Had completed my graduation from ycmou university I wanted to know is ycmou degree is valid to apply in icai (Institute of chartered accountant of India)
30th June 2023, 08:15 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the CA (Chartered Accountancy) course after completing graduation with 48% marks. The eligibility criteria for the CA course may vary depending on the professional body you are planning to pursue it with. However, in most cases, a graduation degree is a prerequisite to apply for CA. The specific percentage requirement may also vary, but typically a minimum of 40-50% marks in graduation is required. It is important to check with the respective professional body or institution offering the CA course to confirm the exact eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?