16th April 2015, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?

Sir/Mam,

I have got 48% marks in graduation and I am a general category candidate. So please tell me, am i able to get admission in B.Ed? What would be the common eligibility criteria asked for B.Ed? What should I do if am not eligible? What would be the way forward after Graduation?

16th April 2015, 05:35 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?

There are some universities which may offer you admission in B.Ed course but as per the criteria of eligibility, you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks secured in aggregate manner.

You belongs to General category that is why you can not apply for admission in B.Ed but if you had been in SC or ST category then you would have got relaxation of 05% marks and must have got admission in B.Ed course.

If you get experience of at least two years of teaching in any reputed industry or school or college then you may get admission because there are some open/distance universities which may provide you admission on the basis of your experience of teaching field so that if possible then you must try to get a good job in any school which is reputed and start teaching and after two years you may get admission easily.

Some universities which will give you admission in B.Ed course even after having less marks in graduation than 50% marks.

College of Education - Delhi University
Shri Lal Bahadur Shashtri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidhyapeeth for B.Ed
Institute of Advanced Studies - JMI University

You should go to the official websites of these universities and institutions and collect complete details about B.Ed because generally it has minimum two years of duration to be completed and maximum four years are provided by universities and fee structure is also different.

You can get a good job in teaching field mainly in schools for primary, medium, high school and higher secondary school and for that you need to complete further studies such as Post Graduation and if you want to become lecturer then you need to qualify NET - National Eligibility Test conducted twice a year so think of a bright future in teaching field and start working for that.
16th April 2015, 06:33 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?

Yes, you can get admission in B.Ed course in many universities/colleges, even if you have 48% of marks in your graduation, because as per eligibility criteria of most of the universities, candidates who have minimum 45% of marks in their graduation are eligible to apply for B.Ed course admission. If you want, you can join in B.Ed course in CSJM university, as this university is providing B.Ed course admission, for the candidates who have minimum 45% of marks in their graduation.
16th April 2015, 06:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have got 48% marks in graduation and I am a general category candidate. So please tell me, am i able to get admission in B.Ed? What would be the common eligibility criteria asked for B.Ed? What should I do if am not eligible? What would be the way forward after Graduation?
No, you are not eligible for B.Ed course.

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed ) is one year Teaching professional course which is divided into two semester.

Bachelor's Degree in any subject with atleast 50% marks at graduate level or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

Best books for B.Ed entrance exam:-

Complete Success Package for Guru Gobind Singh B.Ed Entrance Exam
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant (2011)

Maharashtra B.Ed Exam Guide
by
RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

B.Ed. Bachelor of Education Entrance Test: Previous Years' Papers (Solved)
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
16th April 2015, 07:37 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Q : Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation?

No, you can't apply for B.Ed course with 48% marks in Graduation.
Candidate must have score atleast 50% marks to pursue B.Ed after graduation.
5% relaxation is provided to SC/ST/PH candidates by most of the universities.
Age limit : Age of candidate must be below 35 years

After graduation you can apply for numerous government exams to get job in government sectors :
  • UPSC - Civil Service Exam
  • SSC CGL
  • IBPS for bank personal
  • State PSCs etc.
  • SBI PO and Clerk
16th April 2015, 11:13 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

* The minimum Eligibility to get admission in B.Ed Course is the candidate must have completed his graduation from recognized university.

* Because there are many colleges were offering the B.Ed course the eligibility of marks will varies from college to college.

* The minimum marks criteria to get admission in B.Ed course is 50% in his/her graduation.

You have less percentage in your graduation. So it is little difficult to get admission in B.Ed course in well reputed colleges. Though some colleges will give the admission for the students who had less than 50% of Marks.
17th April 2015, 09:44 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Sorry that you are ineligible for B.Ed through regular mode after completing the graduation with 48% of marks. You are required to score at least 50% at Graduation to be eligible for B.Ed through regular mode. However, you may have a chance to get B.Ed admission through Management quota or Distance mode. Management quota is nothing but you will have to pay some specific amount of the respective university management to get fee structure. It may differ from college to college Let's see the General eligibility criteria required for B.Ed,

- Candidates must have completed three year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Teaching field.
- Candidates must have appeared and qualify in the B.Ed entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of work experience, academic performance and performance in the entrance exam. Those candidates who show good performance in entrance exam can get first preference at the of admission.
11th April 2016, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam :I have 2year experience in teaching field. Am I eligible to get
admission for B.Ed course with
47% marks in Graduation?
30th April 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

I got 49. 85marks in gradution from csjm university and since last 3 year working in school as pre primary teachet can i apply for b. Ed
14th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Expert king

No, you are not eligible for B.ED course, because to apply B.Ed course candidates must need 50% of marks in their graduation. You have less percentage in your graduation. So it is little difficult to get admission in B.Ed course.

And there are many colleges were offering the B.Ed course the eligibility of marks will varies from college to college. So, you may get the admission in some non reputated colleges.
19th July 2016, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

If i have done ba in this year from distance i have also two year teaching experience. so i can take admission in bed distance?
23rd July 2016, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a obc candidate and I have 45%mark in graduation am I applicable for b.Ed if yes then please mention the college
7th October 2016, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

I have teaching experience but not graduation can I apply for bed course in any open university?
14th January 2017, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation from a Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, & have qualifying marks in OSSTET Exam, am I eligible to apply for the post of Secondary School Teachers in Government Schools?
22nd March 2017, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of OBC category and i have scored 48.81% in B.sc, so please suggested any college where i am admitted with these percentage
30th March 2017, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 49.1% marks in Graduation? I am a general category. Suggest me please
28th July 2017, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Am i go for B.Ed having 48%marks in BA and 45% marks in MA? I Belongs to General Category.

Please tell me can i go for the B.ED having completed my Post Graduation?if yes then what is the criteria if no then what best can be done further?
10th August 2017, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

I have 48% in graduation(chemistry hons).I belongs to OBC category. Am I eligible for b.ed admission?
1st September 2017, 12:47 AM
19Amanpreet
Member+

The minimum eligibility criterion for admission to B. Ed. is that the student must be a graduate in any discipline. The candidate must either have a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) or Bachelor in Commerce (B. Com.) from any recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Also, if the student has completed their postgraduate degree, then minimum 55% marks in aggregate is the criterion.
26th July 2018, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I have get 48% in graduation and 2 years experience can I eligible for b.ed sir please tell me
19th June 2019, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

sir I have secured 48% mark in my graduation and 52% in post graduation can I eligible for B Ed course as a General candidate
10th August 2019, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED BA FROM DISTANCE EDUCATION MUMBAI UNIVERSITY WITH 33 PERCENTAGE PASSED ,AM I ELIGIBLE TO DO FURTHER BED COURSE FROM ANY DISTANCE UNIVERSITY.AND MY AGE IS 48 YRS RUNNING.
27th December 2020, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for b.ed course with 48% marks in graduation.i have a obc cast certificate from Central Government
16th February 2021, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for b.ed as i have three years of experience in teaching but my percentage is 48%in graduation
2nd September 2022, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a graduate in APS University. can i do b.ed in government college or
Am I eligible to get admission for B.Ed course with 48% marks in obc catagory.can i do b.ed in government college or private college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?