14th March 2017, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Arch from IGNOU a valid course for government jobs?

I have completed my diploma in architectural assistantship. Now. I want to complete my B.Arch through IGNOU. If I complete the course, will I be eligible for the government jobs or not? Please tell me.

15th March 2017, 06:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Arch from IGNOU a valid course for government jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my diploma in architectural assistantship. Now. I want to complete my B.Arch through IGNOU. If I complete the course, will I be eligible for the government jobs or not? Please tell me.

Yes, the B.Arch from IGNOU is valid course for government jobs. IGNOU is the recognized university, so the course is valid for government jobs. The B.Arch course is valid for any purpose whether for higher studies or for employment purposes. The B.Arch course from IGNOU will be a regular course only. You can apply for joining the B.Arch course in IGNOU. The candidates with 10th and 3 years Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central / State Governments with 50% marks are eligible for the B.Arch course. Candidates have to appear and should have a valid NATA score for the admission. The course duration will be five years. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
15th March 2017, 10:02 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that, you can definitely get Government job after the completion of your B.Arch course from IGNOU.
Let me clear your confusion. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is established as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding Government jobs being a candidate of IGNOU.
15th March 2017, 11:29 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your diploma in architectural assistantship and want to pursue B.Arch form IGNOU. You are interested to know whether you are eligible for government jobs or not.

**Yes, definitely you will be eligible for government jobs after completing graduation (B.Arch) from IGNOU. In government exams it does not matter whether you have completed graduation through distance mode or through regular mode. There is no need to worry about this. In my opinion you have to start preparing for government jobs in the meanwhile of graduation course.

Following are the list of good competitive exams for which you can prepare:

>>UPSC Civil Services Exam

>>SBI PO/ Clerk

>>IBPS PO/Clerk

>>Indian Railway

>>SSC CGL

>>Insurance companies AO post
15th March 2017, 11:43 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

The Indira Gandhi National Open University, known as IGNOU, is a distance learning national university located in IGNOU road, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India.

Yes, B.Arch from IGNOU is a valid course for government jobs.

Contact Address.

Address: IGNOU Main Road, Maidan Garhi, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110068
Phone: 011 2957 1000
16th March 2017, 12:18 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No, according to the guidelines of AICTE and UGC, a graduation course which contains at least 40% of its part as practical, cannot be done through the distance learning.

BArch a degree whose all the stream contain a vital part as practicals.

So, you cannot pursue Architecture through this mode.

If any university claims this, then do not trust them. You will just waste your money and time and all will go in vain.
16th March 2017, 12:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University University.

It is recognized by Government of India and Ministry of Human Resource Develeopment, so its degree is valid for government job anywhere in India.

You can apply for all government jobs after Bachelor of Architecture from IGNOU.
16th March 2017, 12:49 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Arch course done from IGNOU is valid for all government and private jobs. The degree received from IGNOU has the same value as of regular mode. IGNOU is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and Distance Education Council (DEC). Therefore, there is nothing to worry about, you can pursue the course and can get employed if different private and public sectors.
16th March 2017, 05:39 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Yes it is valid. IGNOU being a national government institute it hold the same value like any other private or govt institute. It's number one open university of India and has given its students lot of prestigious jobs in the past be it in govt. sector or private.
16th March 2017, 10:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Arch is a technical course and you need to have a regular degree from an AICTE approved college to become eligible for government jobs.

If IGNOU is offering B.Arch, then it will not be approved by AICTE and will not be valid for government jobs related to architecture.
20th November 2017, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Is Dcle(g) diplomo in civil engineering from IGNOU a valid course for government jobs?
31st July 2018, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Is Btech in Civil Engineering from IGNOU a valid course and is it approved by the universities of Kerala and AICTE ?
24th August 2020, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Ia any license no. Provide by IGNOU for b.arch ???
25th September 2021, 11:48 AM
Minal F

yes,there is no problem because IGNOU is a recognized university ,IGNOU STANDS FOR THE INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY. It's degree is valid. So, you will get a government job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?