3rd June 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

B.Com graduate who have studied Maths at 10+2 level and in B.Com 1st year can get admission in MCA or not?

I am a 3rd year B.Com student and i don't have Maths at 10+2 level, but i have math in 1st year of B.Com. So, please tell me that am i eligible?

4th June 2016, 08:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Com graduate who have studied Maths at 10+2 level and in B.Com 1st year can get admission in MCA or not?

Yes, you are eligible to do MCA course after completion of your B.Com course from a recognised university. Candidates who have completed Graduation course with minimum aggregate of 50% marks and those who have studied Mathematics at 12th standard or Graduation level are eligible to do MCA course. Since, you have pursued Mathematics subject in your first year of B.Com course, you are eligible to get admission to do MCA course.
4th June 2016, 09:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: B.Com graduate who have studied Maths at 10+2 level and in B.Com 1st year can get admission in MCA or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 3rd year B.Com student and i don't have Maths at 10+2 level, but i have math in 1st year of B.Com. So, please tell me that am i eligible?

Yes, you can study MCA with B.Com qualification (having studied Mathematics at 10+2).
The eligibility to study the MCA is a pass in graduation in any discipline and should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2. The duration of the course is 3 years. There will be an entrance examination in some of the reputed colleges for the admission. The course is available in regular and distance mode. The course is available in the following universities in India
University of Delhi - Official Website
Savitribai Phule Pune University - Official Website
University of Mumbai - Official Website
5th June 2016, 02:34 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for MCA after completion of your B.Com. You should have studied mathematics at your +2 level and and should have scored a minimum of 55% in it. Therefore, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for MCA course.
5th June 2016, 09:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, B.Com student are not eligible for MCA course.

If you have completed BCA, B.Sc in IT, CS, Maths and Stats from a recognized university then you are eligible for MCA course.

Your age should be below 17 years.
5th June 2016, 04:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, maths at 10 2 level is enough to make you eligible for MCA entrance exam. Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam conducted by the concerned university or institute.

Also, you need to fulfill the percentage criteria as per the university criteria. Just apply for entrance exam when there is a notification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?