7th May 2015, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Which graduation subject will help to prepare well for IPS? Is Political Science honors is good?

GRADUATION from which subject will help me in preparation of IPS...?????
Is POLITICAL SCIENCE(hons) good...??? Can I go for it? What would be the suggestion from your side? Can someone please provide me the complete information soon as possible? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. After scoring 50.4% marks in graduation with honors subject as Geography and Optional Subjects as Political Science and Economics can I get admission in Masters Degree in any Indian University?
  2. How may i add an extra subject(history or geography) in graduation level after completing it? I've completed graduation with Hindi, English, Political Science, and Food Technology and B.Ed in social science
  3. Which is the coaching center in Delhi to pursue graduation in Political science Honors
  4. Guidance on what can be a wiser option for me to pursue my post-graduation in?
  5. Guidance on what can be a wiser option for me to pursue my post graduation in?
  6. Which course to choose, MS or Statistics/Maths Hons? What is the scope after completing Statistics Honors?
  7. Minimum qualification required to join M.Com?
  8. Is there B.E Honors of any subject of English in PBI university? List of courses available after doing 12th with Political Science and Elective English?
  9. Economics honours or B.Com honours which is best? Scope after both the courses?
  10. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  11. How should I face the IAS entrance exam?
  12. Is MCA a good option for me? I have completed graduation in BSc Chemistry honors
  13. List of colleges which offer B.A.(Political Science) in Indore? Job opportunities for Political Science graduate?
  14. How to do graduation in B.A Political Science after opting for commerce in class 11th?
  15. Can I study Post Graduation in Political Science if my name is changed after marriage and having completed Graduation 25 years ago?
  16. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How can I become an IPS officer after reading B.A 1st year in political science?
  18. Percentage of marks required in Higher Secondary to study Chemistry honours at Jadavpur university?
7th May 2015, 04:05 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Which graduation subject will help to prepare well for IPS? Is Political Science honors is good?

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
7th May 2015, 09:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation subject will help to prepare well for IPS? Is Political Science honors is good?

To join IPS (Indian Police Service), you are required to write an entrance examination called CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). Remember, Candidates from B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc/ B.A/ BBA/ B.Com/ BBM background..or any graduate are absolutely eligible to appear in IPS Entrance Examination. The one and only one thing you must notice is "No matter which stream you are from" but how well you are at your core subject really matters a lot as far as competitive examinations are concerned. So I suggest you to choose the best stream among the below given optional subjects as your main streams. As you are really interested to do graduation and excel in Political Science, then I suggest you to go with that in Graduation. Yes, Political Science is a very good option if you are really interested and you can choose "Political Science and International Relations" subject when the time you apply for IPS.

Click here for Civil Services List of Optional Subjects
8th May 2015, 09:12 AM
Cisco India

Smile Re: Which graduation subject will help to prepare well for IPS? Is Political Science honors is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GRADUATION from which subject will help me in preparation of IPS...?????
Is POLITICAL SCIENCE(hons) good...??? Can I go for it? What would be the suggestion from your side? Can someone please provide me the complete information soon as possible? Thanks!

Yes, you can go for the Graduation from the Political Science Stream also for getting the Preparation of IPS. Since, in Political Science there are many courses that are related to the IPS syllabus. And also finally you have to go for the IPS coaching at last.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?