10th August 2017, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Lib a good course after class 12th?

If I am taking admission in B.Lib, will graduation be important? Yes or no? We only are 10+2 passed students. So, we cannot apply in this course. Please advise and help me. What can I do?

11th August 2017, 01:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Lib a good course after class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I am taking admission in B.Lib, will graduation be important? Yes or no? We only are 10+2 passed students. So, we cannot apply in this course. Please advise and help me. What can I do?

Yes, B.Lib is a good course to study after Class 12th. Candidates after completion of B.Lib can work in libraries as a librarian or assistant librarian. They can also pursue a masters degree in library science. They can apply for many librarian posts in government and private schools and colleges. Many schools and colleges have been started recently, so the opportunities for the librarian is good. The scope for them is very limited unlike other studies. Finding jobs in government libraries is very difficult and competition is high. If the aspirant is interested in the library field, then he/she can pursue the course.
11th August 2017, 05:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In general, this B.Lib (Bachelor of Library Science) course is not done after successful completion of 12th Class. This course is done after completion of Graduation. Yes, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

You must have secured minimum 50% marks in Graduation. As you are done with just 12th Class, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue this course. Hence I would suggest you to pursue Graduation first in order to be eligible.

This B.Lib (Bachelor of Library Science) course is generally a 1 year program which can be done only after Graduation. If you are really interested towards fields like Archiving, Preservation, Meta Data Management, Indexing, Administration, Cataloging..etc., then I would strongly suggest you to pursue this course. Yes, you may find good number of job opportunities after completion of this course.
11th August 2017, 11:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for B.Lib entrance exam, if you have studied class 12th with any stream. There is no issue with stream, if you are going for library science degree course.

B.Lib is a degree course and will be considered as graduation without any doubt. Just make sure you complete it from an UGC recognized university.
12th August 2017, 08:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, LLB is good course after you 12th standard.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.
25th May 2018, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th pass i wish library science courses i want to job in high school so this course in valid for this job
13th August 2019, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

If I am taking admission in B.Lib, will graduation be important? Yes or no? i am only 10 2 passed students. So, we cannot apply in this course. Please advise and help me. What can I do?
15th August 2019, 03:16 PM
Ballisidhu143

Yes,it is best option if you want,many students do b.lib afte 10+2
After b.lib you will eligible for library job
Now in school.libraries jobs also opened
4th September 2019, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I want to do library science course possible after 12th class?
20th December 2019, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I am general gradate student can I apply B.lib course?
14th July 2020, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Can i do librarian course after 12th standard
21st August 2020, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I came to know that we can also do certificate or diploma library course after 10 2 from TELANGANA state.Then,what is the process of admission in the certificate library course.
10th June 2021, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I had passed 2nd puc can I eligible for b.lib course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?