7th February 2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Which is beneficial Life Science or Biology?

I am student of fybsc , my subject combination is chemistry , life science & Zoology i want to go in research field for that which is beneficial life science or zoology ?

6th March 2014, 09:17 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is beneficial Life Science or Biology?

It is good to see that you are aspiring for higher studies especially research work. More and more students are required to come to the research field for its advancement and development. Life Science is a very wide field and since you are aiming at research so you should go for Zoology instead of Life Science. This is because the Zoology is not so vast as compared to Life Science and there are huge prospects after degree courses in Zoology. On the other hand, Life Science is a vast field so excelling in it is a difficult job as there is lot to study.

You can also do research.If you want to pursue higher studies ,you can pursue PhD.
However,you can also do jobs.You can get employment opportunities in :-
-Wildlife Management Firms
-Fisheries and Aquaculture
-Pest Control Companies.
-Animal Care-taking Providers
-Zoos
-Television Channels
-Veterinary Hospitals
-Animal Clinics
-Museums
-Botanical Gardens
-Conservation organizations
-Nature reserves
-Colleges and Universities

You can work as:-
-Conservationist
-Animal Trainers
-Forensic Experts
-Animal Caretakers
-Wildlife Biologists
-Animal and Wildlife Educators
-Zoo keeper
-Veterinarian
-Lab Technicians
-Animal rehabilitator
-Zoo Curator
-Documentary Maker

In government sector you can get job in defense sector,various research organizations,central and state government firms,agriculture,transport and railways sector.The entrance exams are SSC,PSC,UPSC,NET,BARC.In private sector the entrance exam/only interview is conducted by the concerned company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?