11th September 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Is biology essential for becoming a veterinary doctor in India?

Sir, I have taken PCM as my main subjects. I do not have biology but now I want to become a veterinarian for which biology is essential. So, is there any external course for the biology after 12th. Sir, please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to become a Veterinary Doctor if I scored 60% marks in class 12th and 50% in Biology?
  2. Which type of job is available in India for Bachelor's in Veterinary Science completed student other than a government Veterinary Doctor?
  3. Which exam to write for Veterinary Doctor and which course to study to become a Veterinary Doctor? -- [New]
  4. How can I become a veterinary doctor after scoring 192 cutoff?
  5. Which subject should choose after 10th to an average student?
  6. What is the criteria followed for getting admission in a veterinary school in India?
  7. What is the procedure to become a veterinary doctor? What is the qualification required? What is the admission procedure?
  8. Annamalai university distance education MBA model question question papers with answers? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to take admission in BVSc? How can I get it?
  10. Can I become a doctor after B.Sc biology? Can I continue studying MBBS after B.Sc or will have to start from the beginning?
  11. What should I do to become a Veterinary Doctor? List of entrance exams and colleges for it?
  12. List private Veterinary Colleges in India?
  13. How to become a doctor after passing 12th from Biology
  14. Postgraduate course in veterinary medicine in India?
  15. By taking PCM in +2 can I become a good Veterinary to help Animals?
  16. Can I get any seat in AIPVT after scoring 1831 rank?
  17. Can I be eligible for BVSc degree course if I want to become a veterinary doctor after completing 10th
  18. Career option except medical after intermediate having subjects of Biology, Physics and chemistry?
11th September 2017, 02:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is biology essential for becoming a veterinary doctor in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have taken PCM as my main subjects. I do not have biology but now I want to become a veterinarian for which biology is essential. So, is there any external course for the biology after 12th. Sir, please help me.

Yes, biology is essential for becoming a veterinary Doctor in India. Eligibility to study the B.V.Sc is a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% marks from the CBSE / State Board or equivalent. Admission to the B.V.Sc is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination. Duration of the course is 4 years and six months. Therefore, it is necessary to study biology in 10+2 to become a Veterinary Doctor in India. It is not possible to study any medical related courses without biology subjects in 10+2.
11th September 2017, 02:45 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for Veterinary doctor as you haven't completed your 12th standard with Biology subject.
Those candidates willing to become Veterinary Doctor should have completed 12th standard with Biology as a compulsory subject from any recognized board of education.
Aspirants then should pursue under graduate programme in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry course from any university recognized by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) .In order to get admission into reputed colleges to pursue this course, candidates need to appear and qualify in entrance examinations such as AIPVT (All India Pre Veterinary Test) and AICEE (All India Common Entrance Examination) conducted by Veterinary Council of India.
11th September 2017, 04:25 PM
kunalroy89

You MUST have Biology as your main subject for being a doctor,be it surgery, medical,dentist, or, veterinary. There are no external or bridge courses for that. Biology in 12th is compulsory for B.V.Sc. Even if you manage somehow through backdoor practices,your license will be cancelled before practice.
11th September 2017, 06:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely to become a veterinary doctor a candidate must have studied Biology in 12th standard and must have gained minimum 50% marks. So being a PCM student you are not eligible to apply for this course.
11th September 2017, 06:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.V.Sc course. The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

Candidates also have to appear and qualify in entrance examination for admission in the course.

So, with PCM as main paper you are not eligible to get admission in bachelor of veterinarian course.

There is no any other special course to pursue to become doctor.
11th September 2017, 07:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are the subjects, which are compulsory for appearing in veterinary entrance exam. Hence, make sure that you have got this combination in 12th.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and seats are allotted through counselling based on rank.
11th September 2017, 08:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to become a veterinary doctor you need to hold bachelors degree in Veterinary science or Animal Husbandry.

Further to pursue Bachelor of Veterinary Science or Bachelor of Animal Husbandry degree course you need to have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board.

So without having pursued Biology in your Class 12th you cannot become a veterinary doctor.

Further as far as you are concerned about pursuing Biology in external (i.e; open ) mode then as per my advise you must go for the option of NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) as degree of same is accepted everywhere as it is a national board. For details about the admission procedure and admission rules of NIOS board you can refer to the link www.nios.ac.in.
11th September 2017, 10:47 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to opt for any veterinary course if you have not studied Biology as a subject in your class 12th.
Candidates those who want to pursue bachelors degree in Veterinary Science must have to complete their class 12th in Science stream with PCB as a subject combination with a minimum of 50% of marks in it.
11th September 2017, 11:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in veterinarian course.

It is compulsory that candidate must have passed the 12th std with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

The required minimum aggregate is 50% ( varies with examination ). So, if you want to get admission in the course you must have to pursue 12th with PCB.
12th September 2017, 12:25 PM
sapphire1

Yes, biology is a compulsory subject to becoming a veterinary doctor in India. If you have done 12th with PCM then it is not possible to do BSc in Veterinary or animal husbandry.

Eligibility criteria for the Veterinary course:
One should have the 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum 55% marks from a recognized board or university.

There are so many options instead of this in your field you can opt those courses which are also good for your future and you will get good salary package.

But if you are thinking about Veterinary course then sorry it is not possible.
12th September 2017, 05:09 PM
Sandhyab287

Thumbs up Re: Is biology essential for becoming a veterinary doctor in India?

Dear Friend,

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to pursue B.V.Sc course. For that examination candidate have to passed 10+2 with subjects physics, chemistry and biology.
But if you again do your 10+2 in PCB then after that you will be eligible.

Regards,
Sandhya
12th October 2017, 08:46 PM
kunalroy89

Biology is compulsory for Veterinary course. There is no external or bridge course for Biology. You must pass Biology in class 12th exam. As you do not have required subject in your stream,you are not eligible.
9th September 2020, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Is there is no option in animal doctor for pcm
25th September 2021, 11:31 AM
Minal F

Yes,
candidates who have completed 12th standard with physics, chemistry and biology from a recognized university after you are eligible .

SKILLS REQUIRED:-

Clinical skills
Lab research skills
Diagnostics skills
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?